Change Mode

so far its still 56 too 57 in prime but it hasint went over 60 yet ony when i lower the fan too 700rpms its on 4000rpm now. so im not shure what too do. so should i redo it again? or leave it alone? and how should i replie it? spead it all over thick or thin or just a dot and should i put some on the heatsink too?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just tried 1.71vcore and its staying at 60 too 62c the stock and the zalman did 68 too 72c so atleast i got rid of that 70c. all that time i thought it was reading wrong but my temp censor was:( but i still whould like too see lower. maybee i should try the thermal paste with a dot and if that dont help im trying thicker.

i put a small drop in the center and let the pressure evenly squeaze it

thats how i used to work it on the AMD xp's, but with such a large area, getting the right amount to spread across the whole chip isnt easy.. thus i find if i spread it its much easier.

also last time i done that (blobbing). went to take heatsink out and it took the cpu chip out with it, bent about 20 pins, took my about half hour to fix. so i wont go down that road again :lol:

well thats just the heat spreader the actuall heat source is a small section right in the middle . it needs to be a thin amount or it's going to ooooze out all over . try 1 drop in the middle . and run it a few days :beer:

sorry i ment i did put a drop instead of 2. but i did put it a alittle bigger but im going too let burn in and see. so far its at 36 too 34 idel and 50 too 53 load this is with air con in the house.

well thats just the heat spreader the actuall heat source is a small section right in the middle . it needs to be a thin amount or it's going to ooooze out all over . try 1 drop in the middle . and run it a few days :beer:

exactlly how the instructions for artic silver tell you ;) its the way I did mine and its worked perfectly since :beer:

i didnt have any instructions with mine.. never thought there was any need for them :blank:

looks like i got more reading to do then :lol:

Edited by dark