Change Mode

i put the zalman 7000 copper in my 2nd machine in my sig and i take that computer down my uncles every day extept sat and sundays with no problem:) so weight aint no problem too me. and the motherboard on that computer is pretty small its a asrock k7vm4 in a atx case.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally am buying the aluminum one soon cause i move my case sometimes

when you are moving your computer, then things like that will effect your buying options. though, 2 degrees cooler would be better, also ive seen people in the pit getting load at 25°c on the copper one, and im getting load at 38°c... im getting the copper one today sometime (when delivery decides to turn up) ill see how temps go then, and ill report back with some figures for you'z guys :P Edited by dark

many factors turn out diffferent results . ambient temp and MOBO MFGR ..... different boards calc temps differently some read higher than others just how they do the math... also if 1 guy has a 6800U with stock cooling and i run an X800 PE with arctic cooler will make a diff as well ... my VGA is exhausted out the back while the 6800U in my kids rig is circulated inside ... just something to keep in mind :beer:

I like my slk948u, mobo says 45c idle, but I know better, because sometimes it says 45c idle, 28c idle, just jump around.

But yes, from what I have heard, the xp90c is worth every penny

installed the xp-90c.. and idle temps are a little higher, but i seriously think that i put too much artic silver on..

ill have a look at it closer in a mo

Edited by dark

yeah was a little too thick.. got it running average idle at about 26°c

supposedly artic silver takes time to settle, i hope it does and temps will drop even further :P

so far tho... much cooler than my aluminium xp-90 full load is at 41-42°c instead of the alum's 45-46, all in all, a good purchase

Edited by dark

i hope it will cool this fireball down lol.gif i be happy with low 50s even.

:blink:

im sure it will! ive had to remove my heavy overclock, as the new raid for some reason doesnt like it :blank:

but still lower temps come of it.. heavy heatsink tho!!

I want an xp-90!

;)

i'll tell ya tho ...... i think that if the Zalman wasnt so worried about noise and had a variable fan on it that could crank out some CFM's it would probably be right there with it :beer: ................ IMO :lol:

sound good to me.. i did buy a vantec tornado fan, but... not being funny.. i might as well have a vacuum cleaner sucking the air out of my computer, would be quieter!

actic siver 5!!!!

the stuff that comes with, is rubbish! just make sure you get an even layer, and when spreading it. dont let the paste tarnish.... if you spread it too much it will go like a brown, thats when it goes dry.. and doesnt get much heat transfer... good luck anyways, and please do post back and let us know how it goes :beer:

it did drop it down high load is 55 too 56 and idel is 38 too 40 still seems a bit high but aslong it doesint hit 60c im happy. but i am runing it with the case open and no fan other than the xp90c fan will it get cooler? i put a thin layer of thermal paste with a cedit card and i had a hard time puting it on and i keep haveing too pick up the heatsink too get it right. wish it was lower tho:(

its getting it not to tarnish i found hard.. thats when you have thinned it out too much, and it looses its ability to cool better....

its a matter of spreading with the least amount of spreading.. if you know what i mean...

get it to cover the chip with the least amount of spreading.

spreading.... spreading.... IM GOING MAD!!! :lol:

but i found artic silver hard to get used to.. as i have used many others, but once you get used to it, its by far better than the rest, and it settles in after a little, so yeah it should drop :P

its a matter of trail and error i find.. its hard to get it right the first time... add a bit more, see how temps go... if they rise... take some off... if they still rise, then add more if you know what i mean, its not the best method.. but, i find it works well with artic silver..