Change Mode

psu,s help

i maid this thread because it seems like the other one aint helping me that much i hope its ok.

guys i just tried the red one back in the 580watt. and i check the rails with the volt tester and it reads 11.94 at idel and drops too 11.82 when im in prime. is the psu holding me back or is it a good psu? i got too know soon because if its causeing my problems i got too get the forton pretty soon.

i just test @ 2.5ghzs 1.62vcore with prime and it passed 7hrs than i stoped it this is with the blue one its not stable @ [email protected] 1.72vcore fails @ 6hrs some times it fails @ 10min the first time than will go longer next time. so will my demons cause this? heres the rails for them both.

volt tester. the red one in my other machine is 12.12 idel and 12.25 load and the blue one is 12.31 idel and 12.22 load in this machine are they good or bad?

most mfg's guarantee thier psu's to be within +/- 5% of thier rated values. for the +12v rail that would be from 11.4 to 12.6.....so yours is safely within those limits.

what about your +5 and +3.3 rails?? .....those are important as well and also should stay within the 5% limits.

when i check for stability, i let prime go for a full 24hrs.

1.72 vcore seems like alot of juice.....i get nervous giving my 3200+ any more than 1.6.

:fear:

.....instead of so much vcore, have you tried loosening your ram timings abit? ....what are they at now?

i dont have the volt test right now but heres from windows 5v is 4.86 idel and it moves from 4.86 too 4.83. load and for the 3.3v its 3.26v at idel and 3.24 @ load. when i had the demon red back in this computer on volt tester it was 11.94 at idel and drops too 11.82 is that still good and whouldint give me problems? so i dont need a new psu? the new one whouldint help with my oc? and for the vcore it seems like it ony likes 1.72v @ 2.6ghzs any lower it whould restart in prime but it likes [email protected] 2.5ghzs the vcore on this board goes from 1.56 idel and 1.61 load. so i dont know what too do get a psu or hold off for awile.

Edited by gordesky1

will heat cause prime too fail @ 6hrs? it was mostly failing @ [email protected] 1.72 and smartgarding saying 70c too 72c. and @ 2.5ghzs @ 1.62 it goes too 62c but it seems too pass. but my temp censor i got on the heatsnk are ony saying 50c when its @70c on smart. this is on the zalman 7000 is this heatsink supost too cool or is it mostly for noise? i got the stock 64bit heatsink on now and its @ 62 too 65c the zalman is ony runing 2c cooler. and i tried the zalman 7000 on my amd duron setup oc from 1600 too 2000ghz @ 1.56vcore and the max temp is 48 too 50c. so im not shure if the zalman 7000 good anuff for me. will a xp90 or copper cool alot better for me?

70c too 72c

:blink:

load or idle?!

thats a little warm...

EDIT:

will a xp90 or copper cool alot better for me

i got the silver version.. soon updating to the copper. and im running a 2.5ghz oc on a 3500+ with temps idle at 25°c-35°c.... depending on room temp..

post i made about my overclocked timings.. with some temps included in the pic...

http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=93013

Edited by dark

load and with my temp sensor its 50c but i dont know which is right. i got the censor on the fins of the zalman 7000 close too the bottem. but the zalman seems like its working good on my 2nd system in my sig 30 too 36 idel and 49 too 48 load. so will the xp90s drop the temps better than the zalman?

WOW!!! thats some heatsink!!! not bad price neither....

but im going to be modding my silver soon.. to cope with 3 fans lmao

2 quiets blowing through from either left to right.. and a tornado on top, that kicks in at 50°c... hopefully will bring noise levels down a tad, until i decide to overclock some more, which i would like to add, will happen :lol:

only when my new tech station arrives on friday :D

dreaming :shifty:

lol back to topic

i dont think it will drop them a vast amount... but i would say possibly a little more, depending on the fan you use, and the themal paste...

new hotness

what you mean by this?!

well.. i was going to get myself a copper xp-90, until custom's decided they want a cut of my case :( another 20£ gone to that, that was going to be for my heatsink :angry:

god, they sure are money grabbing gits!!! no offence to any customz people here :P

its personal preference i suppose, ive had this xp-90 for a fair while now, and its only been used on this 3500+, more than good to me...

but again its your choice

:beer: good luck with what you choose ;)

at the end of the day, they are both great cooler's, so no matter what one you go for, i cant see you having much of a problem with heat no more :beer:

Edited by dark