Sign in to follow this  
darkeyes

My HJT Log

Hi Carline!

My apologies. I've been quite busy lately and overlooked your last response. :blushing:

So, we're still getting IE errors and now Firefox as well........hmmm.

First, get a can or 2 of compressed air. Unplug your computer and open the case. Clean everything and anything where you see any dust with the compressed air, while keeping at least one hand in contact with the case. Use a small stiff bristled paintbrush for hard to remove buildup (NOT plastic bristles.........use horsehair or similar!)

Plug it back in and boot up in safe mode, then run scandisk and defrag.

Reboot to Windows and see if you can run Panda ActiveScan. If successful, save the report and post it here.

Please give me the details of any and all error messages.

If you're able to, run a PCPitstop full test and post a link to the results.

http://pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/default.asp

Dave,

I certainly will give your suggestion of the canned air a try and wil get back with you by Monday. Thank you.

Carline

Dave,

I cleaned out my computer using the canned air......

It took a few tries to get Scandisk to scan my computer in Safe Mode, I received the blue screen, Fatal Exception 0028:c00078c0 in VXD VMM (01) +000068c0 error in the first 2 tries, then with the 3rd try I received Illegal Operation (Explorer) Fault Module KRNL386.EXE at 0001:000014f0, then on the fourth it ran right through. Also ran Defrag.

My Panda Active Scan is below, I am going to run the PCPitstop test and post the link. Thank you.

Carline

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/tvmedia No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\tvmknwrd.dll

Adware:adware/ipinsight No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\INF\ALCHEM.INF

Adware:adware/adroar No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\artmmp.ini

Spyware:spyware/searchcentrix No disinfected HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DYNAMIC TOOLBAR

Adware:adware/sidesearch No disinfected HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LYCOS

Adware:adware/wintools No disinfected HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\INSTALLER\USERDATA\AUI

Adware:adware/iedriver No disinfected HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\EXTENSIONS\CMDMAPPING\{120E090D-9136-4B78-8258-F0B44B4BD2AC}

Adware:Adware/SAHAgent No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\xmltok.dll

Adware:Adware/IPInsight No disinfected C:\WINDOWS\INF\ALCHEM.INF

Adware:Adware/FunWeb No disinfected C:\Program Files\HijackThis\backups\backup-20050106-192654-131.inf

Edited by darkeyes

Sign in to follow this