Hey all. Im looking to set up dual monitors over here with a 19" LCD and a 17" CRT. They are both analog. I want to use my LCD for desktop use, strategy games, and RPGs. While I use my CRT for first person shooters. Will this kill my video card performance if I use dual monitors in game? Thanks

I don't know about 2 games at a time, but I have dual monitor setups on both my workstations and use the main monitor for high output video whale monitoring normal desktop apps on the other all the tme.

See my site for more info and specifics.

-=Vran=-

Awesome site. How exactly is that done?

Once I open a game in dual monitor config, the left one goes blank.

Can I make it so I can choose with application goes on which monitor??

Thanks.

It will cut your performace in half, seeing as how it's doing twice as many displays as normal. There are a few ways to do it. Do you have multiple plugs on your graphics card? Thats one way. You can also put in any 2 pci cards and do that, though I don't think it works in Windows.

I have a dual setup right now, but I'll have to get rid of it shortly....it just doesn't seem worth it...I have a 9800 and I use an adapter (d-sub to vga) and I use UltraMon to control the monitors. I can watch a movie or tv on one screen while using desktop applications on the other, but I can't run 2 3d applications at the same time...I'm also on XP HE if that changes anything....

• 2 weeks later...

I just added a PCI video card into my computer with the AGP. on boot the AGP card displayed a screen saying that duel monitors has been activated and to change my video setting in windows so I just enabled theo ther monitor in windows and it all sprang to life.. I was amazed at how simple it was!

Edited by bonkas

dude, i'm surprised that no one else thought of this, but just get a monitor switcher. then you could use ur crt for fps and lcd for rest...

another solution. leave both connected, but disable one through windows control panel right before playing whichever game u desire.

Yea i got a 6800 gt.

I dont want to run a game on each screen.

I want a game on one, and my desktop on the other. Possible?

yes but you wont be able to like, scan your mouse over to the other monitor while playing the game