Sign in to follow this  
MrFred

Word And Character Count In Wordpad

Using WordPad .. :blink: .. is there something that can do a word count and a character count .... in a section of highlighted text. :erm:

Thanks AZBlonde

only problem, I got this response on the screen:-

The requested URL could not be retrieved :blink:

could the addess be in error? :blank:

anyhow thanks :)

Thanks radio .... All the links worked OK .... I've had a good read but didn't find a direct reference to word counts .... I'm not anxious to start using another word processor. Wordpad is about as complex as I want to go :huh: It can do niceish presentation for my sort of stuff and when strict ASCII is needed .... that easy as well. .... I'm only just getting used to how most of the stuff at the forum works .... so I want to keep things simple (anybody remember Wordstar .. :woot: .. cringe, cringe)

Anyhow .... thanks again to both of you :) .

(anybody remember Wordstar ..  .. cringe, cringe)

you bet still going strong even piped to windows now I think that's what I had a few month back

try editplus2

In 1988 .... Wordstar was the de facto word processing software .... to get a secretarial type of post .... that's what you must be proficient in .... and I reckon the instruction manual was worse than the software :woot: dot codes were embeded .... it was .... dot this .... dot that .... dot the other, plus parameters .... I finished up always using a simple text editor .... but good secretaries could thrash about in it, and weather the storm ............ and then there's RSI. :erm:

and, if I remember right .... it could do a word count

Time laps seems not available :) humm CPM version was it back then well now look we are starting to show our age :mrgreen::mrgreen:

MrFred check out this screenshot of the Jarte program that I left a link for above...

Posted Image

It seems to be what you're looking for :)

radio I eventually decided to download "Jarte" .. :erm: .. I was thinking it was going to be a complicated word processor .. :huh: .. but its not .... It's like a suped up version of wordpad .... several documents open at once .... the last 25 clips are kept .... and it does word count for a file .... pages .... words .... characters. :blink:

I'll try it for a while .... and see how things go. It is novel to play with. Thanks again radio :) .

wow - this is a thread from 2003. It's probably been sorted out by now