Sign in to follow this  
TorreyIsLDS

I'm So Heavy

If I were to weigh 117lbs, I'd be more than heavy, I'd be dead.

I'm close to 20lbs underweight as it is, since I have a medium frame. I just need to work out more, and regain that 20lbs through muscle buildup.

Also, I weigh like close to 140 last time I checked.

oh. I'm 5'8

I'm going on a diet. I want to be like 105, or something like that. Actually, I've been on a diet. I lost 12lbs in the past 2 weeks.

oh. I'm 5'8

I'm going on a diet. I want to be like 105, or something like that. Actually, I've been on a diet. I lost 12lbs in the past 2 weeks.

What size frame are you???

I'm medium, and my dad says I should weigh around 160 for my frame.

BTW, that weight is a little unhealthy if you ask me.

Well, unless you wanna be a stick ;)

I don't know, but I think I'm fat.

You think you're fat, but at 117lbs you're not.

Hell, I'm a stick, and I weigh close to 140lbs. Although I am a bit flabby.

You should see a doctor if you think you're fat, and wanna go on a diet.

Edited by brandon

Just don't binge/purge, otherwise your health is messed up for the rest of your life. If you really think you are fat, exercise, and eat healthy foods (and a lot of them, so you don't get malnourished). That way you can turn that fat into muscle. I'm 5'11 and weigh 135, I consider myself to be a stick (got a pretty high metabolism), but am making a goal to remain healthy, and eat healthy foods to my hearts content. I do have a bit of a belly, so this summer I'm hoping to turn that into a 6-pack (or atleast a 4-pack).

Just don't binge/purge, otherwise your health is messed up for the rest of your life. If you really think you are fat, exercise, and eat healthy foods (and a lot of them, so you don't get malnourished). That way you can turn that fat into muscle. I'm 5'11 and weigh 135, I consider myself to be a stick (got a pretty high metabolism), but am making a goal to remain healthy, and eat healthy foods to my hearts content. I do have a bit of a belly, so this summer I'm hoping to turn that into a 6-pack (or atleast a 4-pack).

Hey, you're just like me!

Except, I don't eat that healthily.

117? Fat? WHAT THE HECK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!!!! Believe me, you have no business dieting! If anything, start shoving an extra bowl of cereal down your throat in the morning, and add a little bacon grease to go with it! ;)

Edited by Jakeofalltrades

117? Fat? WHAT THE HECK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!!!! Believe me, you have no business dieting! If anything, start shoving and extra bowl of cereal down your throat, and add a little bacon grease to go with it! ;)

Everyone has their own mindset.

Hell, I think I'm fat too, but I know I'm not. I'm slightly flabby.

Sheesh. What ever happened to bigger guys like me :P

< 6'3 248

there's not a darn thing wrong with guys your size ;)

you're just fine....tall, healthy, n' are ya still liftin'?

'sides, weight can be quite deceiving as muscle weighs more than fat :mrgreen:

I don't lift as much as I used to. I figure I gotta get started with it again anyways, I can feel that I'm getting out of shape again. I started drinking a gallon of water a day though :P

I don't lift as much as I used to.  I figure I gotta get started with it again anyways, I can feel that I'm getting out of shape again.  I started drinking a gallon of water a day though :P

I need to get back into lifting again.

Normally, I lift an 8lb weight 100x on each arm for about 5 reps when I have the time and patience, but that's getting too easy, and it's not builiding any stamina or strength anymore..

I'm gonna start lifting a 50lb weight on each arm 100x for 5 reps as soon as I get a decent weight set.

Edited by brandon

Less reps + more weight = good building of overall strength(with lower body, it increases speed)

More reps + less weight = tone (and if working lower body, increases acceleration)

Edited by ThUnDeR

Less reps + more weight = good building of overall strength(with lower body, it increases speed)

More reps + less weight = tone (and if working lower body, increases acceleration)

Yeah, I know. Except, i only have a set of 8lb weights, and I can lift them all day without breaking a sweat.

I still don't see how my legs are so powerful though. I guess I have a good set of legs. I can run fast, I'm agile, and I have very good cornering.

When I wrestle with my friends, they have to avoid my legs, because they know I can toss them back 5 feet effortlessly with my legs. I even tossed one of my friends over my head when I was pinned down when i was wrestling with him.

I am about 6' and weigh a good 205 lbs. I am a bit overweight but I am not overly worried, nothing a little exercise and healthier eating can't fix :)

I am about 6' and weigh a good 205 lbs.  I am a bit overweight but I am not overly worried, nothing a little exercise and healthier eating can't fix :)

Did you know obesity was linked to people who are severely overweight??? :P

Also, I just read not too long ago, that being obese isn't as bad as alot of people make it out to be.

Still, it's all in the diet and exercise.

Edited by brandon

Did you know obesity was linked to people who are severely overweight??? :P

Also, I just read not too long ago, that being obese isn't as bad as alot of people make it out to be.

Still, it's all in the diet and exercise.

I am slightly overweight, not obese. I am not worried as I am still very healthy, just have a bigger frame then alot of people. For football I am about the size of a cornerback or safety, when I am the size of an offensive lineman then I will worry but for now I have no worries.

I am slightly overweight, not obese. I am not worried as I am still very healthy, just have a bigger frame then alot of people. For football I am about the size of a cornerback or safety, when I am the size of an offensive lineman then I will worry but for now I have no worries.

Nothing wrong with being slightly overweight. Just as long as you're not like 50lbs overweight, you won't have any problems with your health.

I'm fairly healthy too, even though I am underweight, and I have a medium frame.

I'm 117lbs...

117? Do people have to tie you down in a storm?

Dude that's pretty small especially for your height, if you were 5'4 that might be a better weight for you.

I'm happy with my size, I have to tone more but I'm working on it; I'm just over 6'0 and around 200, ultimately I'd like to get to about 185-190 but not a big deal for me. I'm not one of those guys you see get thrown around in hallways ;)