Change Mode

Folding At The Pit

So I downloaded the folding at home screensaver. It is running now at I think somewhere around 50% complete. What the heck do I do with it. Serve it on toast or what. Am I supposed to send something in or does whatever it's doing go somewhere or what. Thanks, :)

Hey Radio, Thanks for showing up. Firewalls won't be a problem as I use a router and no software firewall.

I haven't configured anything in that line. Hang on, my inclination would be to check use Internet explorer connections. So far everything on that page is blank.

mohawk it said that was what I was looking for with XP. I initially thought what you are telling me then as I read it said the screensaver was what I wanted. Not to just argue though, if it is the other I have that downloaded also. BTW the screensaver keeps track of what is being folded and starts and stops and has a configuration page and a readme and stuff. Are you sure it's not the right thing ? :)

the only differences between the screensaver and the graphical client is that it doesn't run all the time and the screensaver only works w/ XP & 2K

run what you're comfortable using Shogan. :)

Just put a check mark in the use internet explorer check box. It says something down the page about using port 8080 and having to set a proxy or whatever if I am behind a firewall. So what do I do now.

Mohawk I think it is the complete program but is set to come on when your machine goes to screensaver. Sure looks complete.

Hey radio, Like I said, set it to IE.

Is there something I need to do about this port and my router. Where can I go to see if this port is open or available.

thanks, :mrgreen:

Edited by shogan191

Hey mohawk you could never be wrong more than me so don't worry. You could have just a well have been right as far as I know. I usually just appreciate responses regardless of their accuracy. :mrgreen:

Got it, thanks Radio.

Edited by shogan191