Sign in to follow this  
BioHunta

Buying A Card, Need Help

Never buy used cards*. I usually recommend for Nvidia, but the FX card is used, make sure the 9800 is NIB, and buy that.

*-They might have been overclocked, and have no warranty, meaning it could die a few days after you purchase it, and there would be no way to get a refund.

FX 5900 Auction:

Card comes from a smoke free home, and is guaranteed not to be DOA if insurance is purchased

Would you really consider buying something from someone who would state this period? I mean, seriously, its like hes saying "unless you give me that extra two bucks, I may send you a broken card". What a joke. Go 9800Pro or get a 6600GT if you want nVidia. Just my thoughts.

Later

John

get a good card in the long run you wont have to update it so soon then, i wouldnt bother with a fx go geforce 6, in the last 3 years ive had a ti4600 128 meg a fx5200 128 "pants card" now ive got a v9999gt/td 256 (6800gt from asus)

i got mine of www.overclockers.co.uk

or you can use www.ebuyer.com

i would personally recomend the asus 6800gt 256, delivered for £280 with games.

i too would choose the 9800 over the 5900 .... i had a 5900 and a flashed 9500pro to a 9700pro and the graphix were just as good as the 5900 if not better .... but on a side not i would skip the whole EBAY thing since what ever final price is theres still a $15.00 shipping fee on top of it ..... i would just go for one of these from ZZF but thats just my 2 cents :beer:

Never buy used cards

yup, i just recently got burn'd for 200 bux buying a paper weight of a video card. <<<me so stupid to think DEAL. haven't even heard from the chap....

I'm a recent convert from radeon to nvidea ... I agree with marsh, forget the FX series and spend a few extra bucks on a 6600 or 6800 (GT if possible) Of your two choices the radeon 9800 pro is the better card.

Edited by Perry1964

Guest mr_m

this might sound kind of stupid but, how do I know what type of video card my pc supports? (PCI or AGP) :mrsgreen:

Look on your motherboard, :P

Look under your motherboard.

Look on top of your motherboard.

Look near your motherboard.

This concludes this Sesame Street episode. :lol::P

Look under your motherboard.

Look on top of your motherboard.

Look near your motherboard.

This concludes this Sesame Street episode. :lol::P

:blushing:

:P