Change Mode

I did a Forum search on this topic, and found only one reference. An arguement about which is the better browser. I have been trying one called appropriately enough....Pop Up Stopper. :rolleyes: I am not very impressed with this one. Anyone care to share which pop up stopper you use? Thanks

use the google tool bar....it will install with any browser n' i've not seen a pop-up, save 2, since i started using it over a year ago.

there have been a number of threads about this issue....

regardless, you're going to get all sorts of different answers ;)

Thank you, Firekracker and Intel. I downloaded the Google toolbar and chose the Disable Advanced feature. This is the option that would send NO information to Google about surfing habits. The toobar appeared no where on screen, so I went back to Google and chose the Enable Advanced feature. ( his feauture sends anonymous info back to Google). Again, no tool bar appears on my screen. I clicked on open, not save, when it asked. Any idea what I did ? :)

Intel....gonna give Panicware a shot next. Thanks

I only have experience with IE so I will provide an answer for that.

Goto Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. Look for a line that says, "Enable third party browser extensions". If it is not checked then do so and restart your browser. If it is checked then google toolbar may just be tucked off to one side of the browser and you will have to find it and drag it into view.

Google toolbar is wonderful after you take away its "phone home" permissions and enabling them is NOT necessary for full functionality.

I've used EMS Free Surfer mk II (good one Signman) before, not bad at all. Never used Panicware's Popup Stopper, can't comment on that. I don't feel like you should have to install a toolbar just to get a popup blocker, takes up prescious real estate and provides the same features I can get without the toolbar. When I feel the need to use a popup stopper, I use the old original PopUp Killer v1.45.4. It's not supported anymore but it has a "Smart Engine" which can be adjusted to however sensitive you want it to be. -kd5-

Thank you one and all. I did indeed find the Google Toobar (Its looks the same at left side, the one I always look at, but does have GOOGLE on right side) B)

I have noted all these suggetsions, and will try those also. Thank you all for your help. PEACE

Will

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not particularly enthralled with Pacicware's Pop-up stopper, and don't trust anything that comes with a toolbar attached. Tried dogpile's toolbar/popup blocker, it was ok most of the time

However, I now use AD Muncher. Works real well on pop-ups without having to use the ctrl button to open additional windows. It also blocks a lot of non-pop up type ads

NascarFan out of all that were suggested which one would you say is the best.?

I agree with kd5. I don't think I should have to get a new toolbar, just to get a good pop-up blocker. So far, The PanicWare blocker seems the best. I am still trying the other suggestions. Thanks again to all.

Will

I'm not particularly enthralled with Pacicware's Pop-up stopper, and don't trust anything that comes with a toolbar attached.

:blink:

What version did you try?? I didn't get a toolbar with Panicware; didn't even know they had one. :huh: