Change Mode

Can't Access A Website

Thanks Inprofile, but adding the IP address into the Hosts file makes no difference. :mrsgreen:

I'm thinking either it's a problem with NTL themselves (anyone on NTL cable broadband can give it a go?) or some kind of browser hijack, but it's odd in both cases to be affecting just one site. I'm going to run a HJT scan and post the log in the forum and see if Jacee and the gang can come to my rescue!

essexboy - who's your ISP?

Chopdoc - nothing so far. NTL's online tech couldn't resolve. I need to put a call into their helpline apparently (boy, can't wait :rolleyes: ) and waiting on the HJT guys to have a look at my log.

This is really bugging me! Why is it only this one website (it seems) that is affected?!

No surprise that the online tech didn't help.

We went through this pretty thoroughly. When you get them on the phone at least you will have already covered the bases pretty well.

Honestly, with as much as you learned so far just in this thread you probably know as much as a lot of the help desk guys now. ;)

I still find it interesting that several of you in the UK can't load that site. It very well may not be a problem on your PC at all. We shall see.

:banana: OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!! :banana:

All sorted. It was a problem with my ISP, NTL, and their servers.:angry: Finally got through to tech support who gave me a proxy address to use and Bob's your uncle, I have access to the site!!!

I want to say a big thank you to those that helped me, especially chopdoc. I really appreciate your help and support with this.

Have a :beer: on me. I would buy you a real one if I could! :wub:

:beer: :beer:

Glad you got it sorted. I am not surprised at the nature of the problem because we basically exhausted everything on the PC.

If nothing else you may have gained a little trouble shooting ability in this area. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Taymon

and there was me thinking I was the only one...each time I try and access, it tells me it cannot connect to server...it's been like this for over a week and yet I am getting email notificaitons of replies....is this just a UK problem? I've tried accessing via Yahoo, Google, Lycos....you name it and nothing is happening....I'll try a few of the links....and I've just a little further down....and so I will have to speak to NTL Tech support on Monday...oh well....lets hope huh?...

I'm not surewhat you mean by trying "via Yahoo, Google, Lycos....you name it", I assume you mean using their search engines, which won't make any difference at all. Each one of them will provide links that will connect the same way anyway,

Talk to your ISP. Be armed with the information from this thread. We have done all the troubleshooting already if you followed all of this.

Edited by Chopdoc