Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

China Is Ready Are We?

Since this thread has been dragged down repeatedly to insults I will be happy to come back a bit later to participate.

Neither a disagreement nor an observation an insult makes. Canadians at least and, I feature, quite a few other American allies have serious reservations concerning American foreign policy and the effect it has upon us.

It's a sad day for democracy when a fella can't disagree with policy and name names when he does it.

I

Edited by Iain

we have land cruise missles that can be shot from the US and knock a cigar out of some 1s mouth in china no problem..we take out thier airfields thier radio contact etc..and they are nothing..its not a matter of WHO would win..its only a matter of how much it costs us to do it

you don't think that they have that kind of ability?

China's military may be slightly outdated but they are gaining technology at a very fast pace and do not even want to buy arms from the Europeans because they have developed much of their own equipment. The Sukhoi Flankers are comparable to any US fighter jets are even said to be superior to most US fighters, the exception being the F-22. The Chinese Type 98 are solid, not much can touch the American M-1 Abrams (except the German Leopard 2A6). The Chinese might not have all of the latest and greatest equipment, however they are not in the dark ages like many think.

The Chinese might not have all of the latest and greatest equipment, however they are not in the dark ages like many think.

And besides, North American political and economic heirarchies require a sufficiently unpredictable enemy to position themselves against.

I

Neither a disagreement nor an observation an insult makes. Canadians at least and, I feature, quite a few other American allies have serious reservations concerning American foreign policy and the effect it has upon us.

It's a sad day for democracy when a fella can't disagree with policy and name names when he does it.

I

My comment obviously spoke to more than what you had said Iain.

And besides, North American political and economic heirarchies require a sufficiently unpredictable enemy to position themselves against.

I

They do?

I don't see how.

Can you elaborate?