Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

China Is Ready Are We?

Mr. Bush promised on numerous occasions that he would do whatever was necessary to protect and defend Taiwan if China was to attack. They have approved the attack, and their leader has told the army to prepare.

China's national legislature on Monday overwhelmingly approved a law authorizing a military attack to stop Taiwan from pursuing formal independence, a day after President Hu Jintao told the 2.5 million-member People's Liberation Army to be prepared for war.

The measure was approved by a vote of 2,896 to zero, with two abstentions on the last day of the figurehead National People's Congress' annual session.

''We shall step up preparations for possible military struggle and enhance our capabilities to cope with crises, safeguard peace, prevent wars and win the wars if any,'' the official Xinhua News Agency quoted Hu as saying Sunday.

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusintl/ap03-...vts=31320051827

Fun fun fun. Expect a draft soon ladies and gentlemen, we're adding a new country to the list of the ones we're fighting.

Fun fun fun. Expect a draft soon ladies and gentlemen, we're adding a new country to the list of the ones we're fighting.

So sad, and probably true.... :mrsgreen:

Hmm, I'll be 18 years old August 1st. Guess I have a nice thing to look forward to. (see 1st quote in signature).

Guess I better start smoking 3 packs a day and eating twinkies so I gain 200lbs so the army won't take my fat cancerous lung :filtered:.

No matter how much I do in life to make the world a better place it seems like it is just turning into one big pile of cow dung. Sometimes you wonder what the point is to life. You're kind to others and life just kicks you in the :censored: Exactly why I don't think I'm gonna have children. Don't understand why you would want to bring another child into this cruel world.

I'm sick of this crap. I want to go into space and find some inhabited planet and live there, away from this nickle/iron blue ball of rotating crap.

Edited by amd dude

Hmm, I'll be 18 years old August 1st. Guess I have a nice thing to look forward to. (see 1st quote in signature).

Guess I better start smoking 3 packs a day and eating twinkies so I gain 200lbs so the army won't take my fat cancerous lung :filtered:.

No matter how much I do in life to make the world a better place it seems like it is just turning into one big pile of cow dung. Sometimes you wonder what the point is to life. You're kind to others and life just kicks you in the :censored: Exactly why I don't think I'm gonna have children. Don't understand why you would want to bring another child into this cruel world.

I'm sick of this crap. I want to go into space and find some inhabited planet and live there, away from this nickle/iron blue ball of rotating crap.

I know how you feel.

Also, I have a bunch of friends who are 18 or older, and it would kill me if anything bad were to happen to them.

I've known nearly all of my friends for at least 5 years, some for 10+.

Sometimes I just feel screw it all. Let them fight their own wars. Don't send our young men to get killed for a problem that isn't ours.

Sometimes I just feel screw it all. Let them fight their own wars. Don't send our young men to get killed for a problem that isn't ours.

Boy, you're worse than I am, and I thought I was pessimistic.

Everyone needs allies, and we have a duty to protect them, so, I guess some of the wars we have fought were legit.

Never had a friend before? Plus it is our problem... :shifty: that's where we get our motherboards from.

Never had a friend before? Plus it is our problem... :shifty: that's where we get our motherboards from.

Well, technically, uhhh, ummm, yeah, sure.

Brandon, I do feel for these people fighting for their independence but I also feel for the men that may die during this conflict if it escalates. Neither way it looks grim no matter what decision we make. An obligation is what it is. ;)

Edited by amd dude

Brandon, I do feel for these people fighting for their independence. I'm just tired of all this killing and violence lately. Seems like a never ending bloodbath.

I do too, but wars are essential in the advancement of mankind...

There are numerous ways war has imprved our lives, so I believe war as a good measure, but it should be a last resort, but China has declared war, so there can be no more talks.

I do too, but wars are essential in the advancement of mankind...

There are numerous ways war has imprved our lives, so I believe war as a good measure, but it should be a last resort, but China has declared war, so there can be no more talks.

Yes, but war is a terrible thing. You know what a war is? It is two leaders getting in a pissy fight and the men obligated to fight spilling their own blood for the little pissy fight between these two leaders. You know what would be better? Putting the two leaders in a battle arena and let them fight it themselves. But no, thousands get killed and the leaders end up getting over it and kiss up. It's just a bunch of politics.

It sucks war is a last resort though sometimes necessary. Just wish the world was a better place, that's all. But that is like asking for orange juice from apples.

Edited by amd dude

Yes, but war is a terrible thing. You know what a war is? It is two leaders getting in a pissy fight and the men obligated to fight spilling their own blood for the little pissy fight between these two leaders. You know what would be better? Putting the two leaders in a battle arena and let them fight it themselves. But no, thousands get killed and the leaders end up getting over it and kiss up. It's just a bunch of politics.

Well, I think you summed it up quite well.

Please do, lets us know in a year how you like living outside the US, :filtered:. :blink:

Be nice or you'll be forced to be nice. :)

Be nice or you'll be forced to be nice.  :)

Gimmie a break, everyone else can have an opinion. If you say you will betray your country and run from a "mythical draft" like a little girl. Thats OK I guess? One less bleeding heart liberal. :blink: Edited by SIK_L_CELL

Be nice or you'll be forced to be nice. :)

I say we force him to watch Teletubbies, and listen to Jarule if he doesn't behave.

I say we force him to watch Teletubbies, and listen to Jarule if he doesn't behave.

:rofl: @ ja rule

What you tryin to say bout the teletubbies though, we don't play that 'round here! :blank:

Gimmie a break, everyone else can have an opinion. If you say you will betray your country and run from a "mythical draft" like a little girl. Thats OK I guess? One less bleeding heart liberal. blink.gif

Having an opinion and disrespecting someone are two different things, sir. Woo sahh... Woo sah...

That would get my attention. :woot:

NEO: just curious, I saw your flag where is "Afro-America" located? I have never heard of that country. :blink:

Edited by SIK_L_CELL

That would get my attention. :woot:

NEO: just curious, I saw your flag where is "Afro-America" located? I have never heard of that country. :blink:

We're all around you. MWAHAHAHA!

We're all around you. MWAHAHAHA!

Yeah, around 68.5% of my village is black, I mean African American...

I'm the minority nearly everywhere I go in Cincinnati.

Good luck against China, you will need it! You take on China and they will send you back to the dark ages.