Change Mode

memtest pass and im runing prime now sofar good but my temp is geting up there 59 too 61 will it hurt running like this? when i play games it goes too 44 too 47 ony but prime hits 57 too 61 and im wondering is there a cheep fan/heatsink for 15$ too 20$? im useing the stock heatsink with a 80mm 5000rpms holding on with 1 srew but its on tight.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

memtest pass and im runing prime now sofar good but my temp is geting up there 59 too 61 will it hurt running like this? when i play games it goes too 44 too 47 ony but prime hits 57 too 61 and im wondering is there a cheep fan/heatsink for 15$ too 20$? im useing the stock heatsink with a 80mm 5000rpms holding on with 1 srew but its on tight.

The stock one should do fine, especially if it's the copper one.

i think it might be cooling now because i took off my side of the case off and now prime sofar is running befor it was hiting 62 and 60 and it wasint passing now its at 56 and 59 and its runing prime i was looking at this fan will this cool it down or is there better and cheeper? and will prime fail because of heat?

Edited by gordesky1

Hey dude, I'd go for copper...only problem is that copper heat sinks are usually quite heavy, and installation could be a bit more of a pain. The heat dissipation from the Thermalright SP97 is top notch though.

i seen this too http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-112-007&depa=0 will this be better or should i stick with the xp-90?

right now my temp is at full load at 51 too 52 overclock at 1.47vcore 2.4ghz with 440mhzs mem and i want too run it at 1.64 too 1.7core at 2.6ghz at a pretty good temp.

I'd stick with the xp-90 between the two

the Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED CPU Cooler, looks nice...but is wicked heavy. Definately need to brace the board to use that one. Both are very nice heat sinks. I'd say since the Zalman is copper, it'd do a better job cooling though.

ok ty i try that one that you link i realy didint like haveing that much weight hanging on my socket aint 730kg over a 1lb? so that heatsink should be better cooling or at least the same as the xp-90?

Edited by gordesky1

i just check reviews and the 64 realy aint a overclocking sink if the reviews are right but i gess im down too 2 of them the thermal xp-90 or the zaman 7000 with the blue led the less heavyer one i gess because i dont want too damage anything.

im gona run my 64bit at 2.6 at 1.64 too 1.7core maybee if the 1.64 aint anuff and i atleast want too be under 50c at full load so which one will suit me? :)

I run my 3400+ @ 2.75ghz all day long max load of 44c with the zalman 7000cu.

To get it down from 48c full load, I had to put a couple holes in my side plexi and add some fans. That's at 1.62 max vcore. When I o/c to 2.8 and run close to 1.7 vcore, it reaches 46c now / 52c before.

i just seen this cooler http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=arcticcf64 and it looks too be doing close too the xp-90 with lower noise and it cheeper it shows my motherboard for installing it will this be better than the zaman or close?

That dude ran the test not in the case because you can't put it in a case I bet, with out cutting a big hole in the side, That thing looks like it would fly if it had wings WOW what the heck do you use your computer for nasa space shuttle. :lol:

i think it will fit in the case pretty good there were other reviews about it too. but i problee gona get the zaman 7000 with led fan lighter verison. atless someone changes my mind about the 64 :lol:

i just seen this cooler http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page=arcticcf64 and it looks too be doing close too the xp-90 with lower noise and it cheeper it shows my motherboard for installing it will this be better than the zaman or close?

The only problem I have with that one is when the bearings in the fan wear out. Then you have to replace the whole thing because the fan is quite an "odd" mount. At least with the Zalman, you can replace the fan with a higher of lower CFM fan as you see fit.

***NVM, I just looked at the Zalman one again. You'd have the same prob with it if the fan went.

Edited by Salo35

hmm i think the 64 got a 7yr Warranty on the fan if its stops or gets bad but as long if the fan will last over 3yrs i dont care i just want one that will cool this cpu down too in the 40s at high load by the way this is the case that i got will the 64 clear the green funnel cup in side? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-153-006&depa=1