Change Mode

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had it overlock at 2.5ghzs with the mem runing at 416mhzs and now i have it runing at 2.45ghzs with the mem at 246mhzs which one will be faster?

The one with 246Mhz mem would be faster.

What is your FSB:DRAM ratio looking like? You wanna try to keep that as close to 1:1 as possible. In other words if you want to adjust your FSB in proportion to your memory. So if you up you FSB by 20Mhz (like I did), then you'll want to up your memory to 440Mhz also.

You can check by downloading cpu-z

Edited by Salo35

What is your FSB:DRAM ratio looking like? You wanna try to keep that as close to 1:1 as possible. In other words if you want to adjust your FSB in proportion to your memory. So if you up you FSB by 20Mhz (like I did), then you'll want to up your memory to 440Mhz also.

You can check by downloading cpu-z

Yup, just go along with Salo, and things will be fine, but it might be hard to keep it 1:1 if you get the FSB speeds up there, so try setting it to DDR333 if things get hairy.

were do i up the dram fsb because when i up my fsb my dram goes up or is that what you meen?

There should be an option in the BIOS to set your RAM speed.

If you want the RAM to run at the same speed as your FSB, set the speed to auto, or choose any of the other speeds listed.

If they go up at the same rate then that's good. If you manually adjust your FSB, and then manually adjust you memory clock frequency. Then I'd check and be sure. To figure out your RAM, since it's DDR; half the 446Mhz. So 223Mhz, it would have started at 200Mhz. So you've upped your RAM by 23Mhz already. If you've also increased your FSB by 23Mhz, then your laughing and everything should be good. If you still not sure. download cpu-z http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

and check underneath the "memory" tabs, and it'll say under the "timings" sub-heading what your FSB:DRAM ratio is.

ok i put it too 290fsb for the cpu and i got the ram at 150 were it says dram frequency set (mhz) 150 (dram/fsb:3/04) had too put it too 1.64vcore for the cpu and 3.0v for the ram or it wouldint start so far its at 2.6ghzs but the ram is lower 217=434 is that right? is it because i got it at 150 in bios? i fi go any higher than 150 it would freeze in windows. i didint change my timeing yet its at 2.5 3.3.6

Edited by gordesky1

ok i put it too 290fsb for the cpu and i got the ram at 150 were it says dram frequency set (mhz) 150 (dram/fsb:3/04) had too put it too 1.64vcore for the cpu and 3.0v for the ram or it wouldint start so far its at 2.6ghzs but the ram is lower 217=434 is that right? is it because i got it at 150 in bios? i fi go any higher than 150 it would freeze in windows. i didint change my timeing yet its at 2.5 3.3.6

Try setting it to 166 if you can.

if i go any higher it wont go in full windows ony shows the backround and the curser

Do you plan on running your computer OCed all the time???

If so, try to get the highest you can with DDR400, or DDR333.

The bandwidth penalty won't be as bad.

yep im pretty much gona keep it like this all time if it will let me what about my timmings are they good? they are all in auto right now

Timings are good. Mine are 2.5-3-3-7 @ DDR400. It was some very expensive value RAM I got from a store I'm not naming, but the timings are decent. Edited by brandon

ok thanks brannon and salo35 for the help :) . im doing memtest86 right now on it and im gona run prime after memtest86 too see if its stable and i let eveyone know after those. how many pass should i let it go threw in mem and many hrs for prime?

Edited by gordesky1

I'm running my RAM at 440Mhz so I loosened my timings quite a bit. Mine are at 2.5-4-4-8, so down right nasty. Considering mine is Kingston HyperX PC3500...I know I could do alot better than it is.

Your timings are what? 2.5-3-3-6? Seems fine to me.