Change Mode

Opera, Mozilla Or Firefox

Mozilla has 2 web browsers. Firefox is their 2nd browser, targeted for those who are "casual" users, not "techies". Mozilla's 1st browser has more options for the "techie".

I tried Mozilla's 1st browser, liked it, but didn't need all the options.

Netscape! I forgot them. I've not heard about Netscape for a long time, maybe for a good reason? Only two of you named Netscape, could it be that all the others do better. Netscape is freeware too?

Seems like I'll go for FF and/or Opera.

Windows and IE is almost like siamese twins, it's maybe risky to delete one of them. Is unfixed security holes in IE in some cases a possible threat even if IE is not in use, but not uninstalled? Think I read something about it, or maybe it was about OE and not IE.

I love using the middle button on my mouse to click on a link and have a new tab open...that alone is worth getting it.

Also its FREE as in you pay zip, nada.  39 bucks for a browser is a lot more than 0 bucks.

I have a wheel and not a button in the middle...

39 bucks is alot more than 0, yes. But only the fact that the money goes to someone else than MS makes it worth it.

39 $ is just equal to 5 glasses of :beer:

Also its FREE as in you pay zip, nada.

Hmm, what's this? Slang??

I have a wheel and not a button in the middle...

39 bucks is alot more than 0, yes. But only the fact that the money goes to someone else than MS makes it worth it.

39 $ is just equal to 5 glasses of  :beer:

Hmm, what's this? Slang??

I meant wheel/button...you can press it and it acts like a button.

And sometimes zip is used to express zero.

Nada is Spanish, it means nothing.

So when are you going to download one of these browsers, use it and let everyone know what you think of it???

Edited by klugy

So when are you going to download one of these browsers, use it and let everyone know what you think of it???

I can't say exactly when. At the moment I'm rebuilding data and attempting to learn how to use Retrospect, reducing the chance of having to rebuild and reorganize so much in future. Need to re-install alot of things and organize.

I've not taken decissions on which browser(s) to test out, but I'll let you know ;)

I found a review of Firefox, compared against IE. With some luck I'll come across a review of Opera too.

But all the posts here was interesting and helpful, thanks alot.