Sign in to follow this  
No Mercy...DTA

Error Trying To Instal Game

Daniel just bought Star Wars Galaxies Empire Divided......

Tried to install it on Williams computer and we get this error...

the aplication failed to intialize properly (0xc0000006).

So we tried it on my computer and get the same error....

He tried the other cds that came with the game and they load.... But of course you have install CD 1 first....

I did find this on (0xc0000006) errors but it makes no sense to me that both mine and Williams computers would be "broken"... Only thing in common that the computers have really is that both are Windows XP home......

The thread tried to access a page that was not present, and the system was unable to load the page. -ie. the program or memory mapped file couldn't be paged in because it isn't accessible any more. Device drivers can return this exception if something went wrong with the read (i.e hardware problems)

ty.... but I got lost......

Try right clicking on My Computer | Manage | Device Manager | Properties of Primary or Secondary (whichever your drive is on) | Advanced Settings and select PIO for the DVD drive. Reboot and see if that helps. If not, try a different DVD or CD drive.

I see no Primary or Secondary in there..... :erm:

and shouldn't this game work in at least on of my computers here? Is there ANY chance it is the CD?

There is but new drives almost always get set to dma mode as its the standard setting pretrty much... ok those instructions weren't very good... here try this

Go to start...right click my computer......click proporties.... click the hardware tab accross the top.....about half way down the page click on device manager.....then you will see IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers....click the plus by that then you will see prmary and secondary.... usually it will be on secondary but it depends on the setup of you pc...

Hope this clears this up a little bit

Hope it fixes it

Jimmy

and shouldn't this game work in at least on of my computers here? Is there ANY chance it is the CD?

It could be that every computer in your hose is having the exact same problem. Or it could be that some microsoft programmer embeded a line of code into the windows shell designed to specifically target you and make your life living hell. I sometimes think that's true with me. :lol:

Its almost as bad as whichever tool thought that this was a good idea

Keyboard error or no keyboard present press F1 to continue.

No Mercy try the install on a alternate partition, example create a folder in d: and name it, during the install of the game browse for the folder you created using distination or advanced tab, after this it will ask if you want a shortcut to the exe on your desktop, select that it always works for me......

:(

still same thing.....

and My COmputer always stops responding...

and my whole computer feezes untill I use ctrl alt del to close "my computer" down...

Posted Image I have NEVER had a problem with any game before..... Stoopid Star Wars!

:blink:

but it won't even start.... so how can I tell it to go somewhere else.... adn i only have a "C" on this computer....

KK............ I have to take Daniel to Hockey now.... so i won't be back for at least 20 minutes......

Edited by No Mercy...DTA

duanester

sorry I don't get you..... well I kinda do.... but once I put the CD in.. it freezes.... I can not even "explore" the cd..... My computer says it is not responding....

i see, give me a minute :)

well, ill copy and paste this for ya from a site to where this was hard to find...

Error Message: "Services.exe - Application Error. The application failed to initialize (0xc0000006)."

Translation: When the computer is started, the desktop appears without the icons, and a message box appears with the title of "Services.exe - Application Error" and the above error.

After clicking OK, nothing appears on the screen and the Desktop is blank. If the Services.exe file is renamed or removed, the message box doesn't appear, but the computer is still on the Desktop without the icons.

Solution: Services.exe is an Application used only in Windows NT4/2000/XP for starting, stopping, and interacting with system services. To resolve the issue, reinstall the operating system.

(NOTE: This is really called an "in-place upgrade" and should only have the effect of repairing the current installation. )

Refer to the link for more details:

support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

edit: was it similar?

Edited by duanester

Sorry to speak for No Mercy...DTA but it seems that the problem is only occouring when the game cd is being run....... I also read that post and reinstalling the system seems a little drastic.... If I was to take a quess is that if XP is the operating system being used and SP2 is installed then the game is incompatible with SP2

As seen Here

There is a long list that is ever growing..... Thats why I took SP2 off and will never install it again.

Edited by Jimmy0182

ok..... am back.....

The exact error says....

The aplication failed to intialize properly (0xc0000006).

Then it says press OK to close or something liek that.....

My computer is XP home sp2

but Williams I am SURE I did not put SP2 on his.....

HMMmmmmm........ I just checked williams computer and SOMEONE has put SP2 on the computer cause when I go to the about is says..... xpsp2 :angry:

So now I guess I must take SP2 off williams computer....

I don't know if I can take it off mine..... it came WITH my computer :erm:

Edited by No Mercy...DTA

You might try contacting them for support-

http://support.lucasarts.com/trg/soeswg.htm

I also did a search on the website using cannot install disc 1-

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/search?...+install+disc+1

Good luck I know how irritating it can be when all you really want to do is play a game youve really looked forward too. :(

Edited by Zowie

BTW...

Translation: When the computer is started, the desktop appears without the icons, and a message box appears with the title of "Services.exe - Application Error" and the above error.

After clicking OK, nothing appears on the screen and the Desktop is blank

when the cd is supose to start..... nothing happens..... icons stay... error message does not show up untill after I press alt ctrl del and end task on "my computer" cause it is not responding.... and no 'services" error anywhere on the error we get. :(

From the site...

CD-ROM

Required:                Quad Speed CD-ROM drive

Maybe that is our problem.. how do I tell if they are Quad speeds? :erm:

or this

Supported Chipsets at the time of release:

ATI Radeon 7200/7500

ATI Radeon 8500/9000

ATI Radeon 9500/9700

on williams computer it is..... 9800

on my computer I'm not sure.... whatever came with the computer :erm:

Edited by No Mercy...DTA