.dll

Guest leon

Hey,

I'm a little out of the loop here so this may sound stupid, but I have a nasty little program called GAIN.gator that I am in the middle of getting rid of. All removal instructions call for me to "unregister" a certain number of .dll files. Can I just delete them or do I actually need to go through some unregistering process, if so, how would I do it?

Any help is appreciated, Leon

Hi Leon

Gain is indeed very nasty. I got rid of it automatically by using several antispyware programmes. Try Adaware, Search and Destroy, Microsoft Antispyware, Spyware Doctor etc and it should do all the work for you. All these programmes are free and well woth having.

Celtic

Hi leon, take a look here: http://www.gator.com/help/gatortrouble/p_alluninstall.html

As far as unregistering the dll files, it's best to do that before deleting them.

To unregister the dlls, go to Start>Run then type cmd and click OK. A command prompt window will open. For each of the dll's, type the following:

regserv32 /u <full path of the file>

for example if the file is located as C:\Windows\system32\gain.dll then you would type the following:

regserv32 /u C:\Windows\system32\gain.dll

then press enter after each entry that you are unregistering. :)Y

Archived