Change Mode

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does it have raid if the chipset doesnt support it, Chipset: Intel 865PE + ICH5 it should have an ® like ich5-r meaning raid

Onboard SATA/RAID: 2 x Serial ATA by ICH5; 2x Serial ATA and 1x ATA133 RAID 0/1/0+1 by Promise PDC20378

:shrug:

you will be happy with the dfi i am heres my test with it http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=J94ZMWBWXARS6KW7 got it too 2.6ghz not stable but im useing some cheep kington 3200 ram im stable at 2.5ghzs:) my first board died on me in 7days but i think it was cause by a bad ram stick because this board ben thew alot of overclocking and still didint give up on me i even tried 2.7 :woot: and it booted up on windows but it restarted because wasint anuff vcore because of my cooling i even flash the bios a few times and it booted right up im useing the 10/15 beta with the memtest built in the bios and 4.0vdimm cant get that far because of my powersupply but i like my 2.5ghz oc the way it is scores 20k on 2001 with my 9800se mod pro and i think it was 5700 in 2003 might be higher now tho.

i had a nightmare of a time with the DFI ( 754 ) and got the ASUS ,,,,,,,, best thing i could have done 3700+( 1mb L2 cache ) 2X SATA maxtors with 16mb buffers in raid 0 a 6800GT and a gig of ballistix .......... that thing was :filtered: fast .......... still is tho sold it to a bud

Well, since my old mobo pooped out on me after a bad BIOS flash, I'm looking for a new one...

I was thinking of the DFI LanParty 250GB, but I need to know of others...

What should I get???

MSI NEO platinum .... By far the best 754 board

i gotta know.. is Best Buy going to build it for you this time too? :blink:

Only thing I'll need help with is installing the processor, that's why I had them put it together.

Other than that, I have everything covered.

I'll give builiding it myself a shot though, it'll save me $50

The only part I will have trouble with is installing the processor, so you can expect a thread when it gets here.

I would've gotten it today, but my dad had to go to my uncle's funeral, so he couldn't sign for it.

It should be here tomorrow though.

having problems installing the processor? :blink: Thats like the easiest part to install. Line up the pins with the holes, don't force it in, it will go in easily when done right, clamp it closed, and viola, your done :)