Change Mode

Gateway Gamer...it Still Runs Great!

• 3 weeks later...

To Adammaxis. 1 question, Do you have Optimum Online? That seems to be the only home service capable of those speeds. I have Time Warner's roadrunner in NYC. I'm 500 feet out of Optimum's coverage area. Here's my system: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=TMJR9WWAFKUSLEQ7

I routinely get 4750/370. My peers 500 feet away can get 8000 to 9000/ 900.

Edited remark: You are Optimum Online, based on first 2 octaves of IP. Congrats. I need 802.11n or better to pick up Optimum signal.

Edited by robnyc

you gus wanna try living in the UK then, Bt is proud of a 2 mb line and a whopping 256 kb upstream, unless of course you are lucky enough to live in a city, then you can get 8 mb with 400kb upstream, wow welcome to high speed internet :P , tho it's alot better than the 56 k that people who live in the villages can get, guess just become blaise about adsl, my service has gone from 512 kb to 2 mb in about 6 months, but i'm pretty sure 2 meg is about our lot.

To Adammaxis. 1 question, Do you have Optimum Online? That seems to be the only home service capable of those speeds. I have Time Warner's roadrunner in NYC. I'm 500 feet out of Optimum's coverage area. Here's my system: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=TMJR9WWAFKUSLEQ7

I routinely get 4750/370. My peers 500 feet away can get 8000 to 9000/ 900.

Edited remark: You are Optimum Online, based on first 2 octaves of IP. Congrats. I need 802.11n or better to pick up Optimum signal.

yeah i have roadrunner also and its great they have even up the download speeds to 5mb but they could have boosted the upload speed to (i do alot of uploading)

Download Bandwidth Test Results

Download speed: 4809 kilobits per second

Test details: 3354 kilobytes downloaded in 5.579 seconds.

Receive buffer size: default size

didnt want to take another full test so ijust did the download test

I have earthlink, the cable is the same as rr throughout the US.

running a quick test right now (only for the internet speed)

youngone: most people don't need a fast upload speed (you and me do though, and some other people also), so they won't bother making it faster unless they see that a ton of people need it.

i feel bad for you people in the UK and stuff, you have expensive, slow internet.

checking drive C:... this takes longer than all of the other parts of the pit test together.

45... getting impatient (it's been around 5 minutes)

finally...

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=VLN7MW0DQFQSXTU7

Viewpoint manager installed by itself, so i guess it really is spyware/adware. I'll remove it later.

High Speed internet is high speed internet, i truely found that once it's high enough, you really can't make a page load that much faster....

i have a 2200kp/s-Downstream

and 255kp/s-Upstream

Its a low level by of Cable ISP, but its perfecly fine for me, and i also get that number, and my connectioned is shared by 3 other computers.

so it's pretty good..

High Speed internet is high speed internet, i truely found that once it's high enough, you really can't make a page load that much faster....

i have a 2200kp/s-Downstream

and 255kp/s-Upstream

Its a low level by of Cable ISP, but its perfecly fine for me, and i also get that number, and my connectioned is shared by 3 other computers.

so it's pretty good..

It's not just about making pages load faster, but also about how fast you can download a file.