Anyone Got A Link To Tweaks?

Ive heard that on Broadband the ISP cap the speed??, so does anyone have any links to any tweaks i can do to make things a tad faster this end. Its actually ok as it is.........but well a little extra dl speed and what not wouldnt go amiss :)

i got a webstar dpx120 (i think) modem if thats any use.

Keith

Edited by doofus

my modem says

webstar dpx usb cable modem, so do i just hunt around for tweaks for that, or is there anything else i should consider??. (dunno what tho.....lol)

Keith

Edited by doofus

Keith, what is your broadband classed as ?, I just look for Adsl Broadband tweaks, I presume that Blo-o-oyonder (sounds loike summat from Zummerzet!! :rofl: ) is cable based , have a look round Speedguide and see what they have, do you know the Max up and downloads that you are capable of?...questions, questions..all these questions, I am a pain..I know! ;)

it is cable based (i think.....lol)

When i rest the mouse over the icon next to clock it says Local Area Connection????? Dunno what that means but it also says its connected at 10.0mb/s.

Also dunno what the max up and download would be. How can i find out??.

Keith

just tested speed on that link triplea and it says its 492kb/s download and 116kb/s upload??

Not sure what all that gobbly :filtered: means......lol, tho i wouldnt really pay any attention to that as it is just a test and a lot of things can affect the numbers it gives.

I also had probs at first with getting it to run, then i remembered that i had ZA Pro blocking the java so i had to disable that to get it to run..........guess it shows ZA works.

Keith

Usually it states on your agreement what the max up and down are. (mine with BT are 512 down [0.5MB] and 256 up [0.25MB]). Or, you could call Bloooooyonder Support and ask! :)

me read an agreement??............ :mrgreen:

Im happy as it is as it seems to fly and id even say it seems much faster than that test showed.......heck i can dl 100mb's in less time than it takes me to get ready :rofl:

Keith

Edited by doofus

So Ok, already!....Jeez,,all this fuss about nowt!! :P

Lets plot a course for the "If It aint broke, don't fix it" nebula!

Aye, aye cap'n

Make it so! No. 1! :rolleyes:

too much star trek perhaps?? :rofl:

Tho i do agree with the if it aint broke nebula.............but you know how it is. You get something new and you just cant help but mess :)

Keith

Guest LostValley

www.xteq.com and www.lockergnome.com have some fairly extensive tweaking information. As comm providers oversell their capacity you'll see slower speeds. Ricochet wireless was excellent, avg speeds 450 down, 350 up. It seemed to let me get more speed by keeping a window running with a constant binary image up or down load going. Pity they blew thru 1.2 Billion trying to build out top 15 metro regions in states. Current owners picked whole mess up for 8 mm at bankruptcy. These folks want 2+mm for any region plus franchisee must commit another 2mm to fire it back up and give large percentage to them. Thinking they took Micro$not class on rapacious biz practices. GRRRRRRR :angry: