Change Mode

The only proprietory part that I could not replace on my dell dimmesion 4550 was the PSU , and dells are underpowered if you want to upgrade to any extent.

ie: running two hds , more ram , newer vid card , etc...

But an ATX PSU unit will work with this adapter...

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/dellco...tml?id=wVDniGGN

My wife bought a DELL several years ago off QVC. A 4300 series and it works very well. All problems are handled by me of which there has been nothing major. I would never call their support line for obvious reasons but the forums are helpful in my viewpoint. I have worked on several Dells and forum info helped especially on the older Dell's. As was suggested earlier get what you want when you first order it with all the bells and whistles that your budget will allow. Concerning upgrades, I put additional memory in the wifes Dell just a few days ago, all from Crucial. There should be no problems with replacement parts. Also just a suggestion, but get a Dell that is upgradable thru out. I would stay away from anything that is intregrated into the motherboard, although that is getting harder to do these days and that is a personal perference of mind. Hope this helps. Might also look at Gateway. :P

Edited by 1966

The only proprietory part that I could not replace on my dell dimmesion 4550 was the PSU , and dells are underpowered if you want to upgrade to any extent.

ie: running two hds , more ram , newer vid card , etc...

But an ATX PSU unit will work with this adapter...

http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/dellco...tml?id=wVDniGGN

Thanks for the link!!

I was unaware of this issue