Change Mode

When Do We Break Into The Top 100?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure you run the text console from 'run' or from a command prompt

use the -local switch

make sure if you're going to run more than one instance of any version , in any combination that you set the machine id# (1-4)

each copy of the console .exe file needs to be in its own folder as well, like the pic above...

my policy on laundry is strictly... D.I.Y. :mrgreen:

Time to do the laundry

The Top 10 Signs That Its Time To Do The Laundry

1. You're wearing your last pair of underwear in the shower consistently.

2. You've worn your sheets to school because you can't get them off of you.

3. Your socks act like a shirt does when its heavily starched and emit a serious funk.

4. Your roommate walks around wearing a full body medical suit like they did in the movie "Outbreak" to avoid catching the Ebola virus.

5. The Snuggle Bear on the softener bottle officially died last week.

6. The DEA's drug sniffing dog is always coming by to sniff your laundry because the strong stench makes him think you have 28 tons of pot in your closet.

7. Even after sewing 28 spring scented dryer sheets to the inside of your shirt, your friends still say you reek.

8. The phrase "Wash Me" is visibly written in your jeans.

9. Your red T-shirt is now green.

10. The boss pulls you aside to remind you that your company's casual days does not include your college graduation gown and scuba diving fins.http://www.ahajokes.com/top097.html

Stasi Posted on Apr 23 2003, 08:42 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunno, Devan keeps gaining, and my fast comp keeps getting long WUs, hehe, if I want to stay up, I'm gonna have to improvise  

And I dunno about that... :mrgreen: Finally got a gromac without having one the past 3 or 4 WU. Hopefully it'll give me some BIG points...hee...hee. :D

Stasi Posted on Apr 23 2003, 08:42 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunno, Devan keeps gaining, and my fast comp keeps getting long WUs, hehe, if I want to stay up, I'm gonna have to improvise  

And I dunno about that... :mrgreen: Finally got a gromac without having one the past 3 or 4 WU. Hopefully it'll give me some BIG points...hee...hee. :D

Hehe, all my damn fast P4 ever seems to get are Tinker WUs, with an occasional gromacs thrown in every 5 Tinkers or so. What are you system specs you're folding on?

THX radio for the link :)

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...NR9WW4KUV0SLRMB

That's the system stasi....XP2100 proc, 2-256 sticks of OCZ EL mem, and a slight OC to top it off. :mrgreen::)

Alot of questions in the Folding forum about OC and errors but as of yet I have had no issues with errors....at least as far as I know. If so I'll just crank her down a notch or two.

Edited by Devan

Just retested it with Folding@Home running. Link above now reflects it. :)

Signature updated as well. ;).....That's a real nice link you put together radio.

Edited by Devan

MrFred, which version of norton firewall/personal security are you using?

see if this helps at all: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.n...ion=2#_Section2

make sure the winfah.exe program is allowed communication inbound & outbound

Radio .... That is brilliant ..:tup:.. I have been to the Symantec Site several times before, but I never found that bit :blink: . I didn't know it was there to be "found".

My Norton Antivirus is 8.07.17C

My Norton Internet Security is 4.0

I have opened the "steps" right to the end .... and things do look familiar and somewhat clearer than they did .... It's in this area where I don't know how to enter the right things?.

When using the computer, random message boxes show asking me to block or permit certain things .... but names are not mentioned .... I just get IP addresses (numbers) and the details are associated with my credit card number. I would imagine that it is a coincidence that data is the same as part of my credit card detail? I usually "block"

And then towards the end, port numbers are another variation that can fine tune the "rules" And right at the end, you can dedicate a name to those rules :rolleyes: that's easy. I'll just have to study things further when I get the time :erm: .

There is another program in the access "rules" .... FAH3CONSOLE.EXE_1. .... I haven't "added" either of the programs to the access rules, they were already there. I think, I have only modified them in minor ways?. I would think that there is still plenty of scope for a knowledgeable adjustment to make things run better.

BTW, yesterday .... When I disabled the firewall, a transfer did happen.

I finished up "refolding" the first WU I did .... but this time, it looks as if its going to take about 48½hrs .... whereas, the first time it took 15hrs :blink: .

Thanks again radio from MrFred :)

I'm sure there's something else I was going to say .... I think I want a new hard drive in my head :woot: .

Next, that ironing!.

Guest fragged one

i've been running it for a little bit now, and i've finished a work unit, but i don't see me on the pit crew page :huh:

i did put the team number in, and when i look at the gui, it shows the team number '32025'. should i give it more time?