When Do We Break Into The Top 100?

How about we see who can get closest to the date when we break into the top 100 in folding. Right now we are 1274. (We moved 119 places in the last 24 hours):cheers:

I say we will be #100 on May29th

What does everyone else think?

The winner gets a :oreo:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we will be #100 on May29th

I think that a shorter term goal such as breaking into the top 1000 would be just a bit more reasonable at this point anyway.:) Take a look at the team ranked #1000 they as of last evening only had 10 members with only the top two making huge contributions. I would say by the end of May possibly top 1000. :) Top 1000 list would be quite an early accomplishment for such a young team as ours.

Top 1000 Folding Teams

And as Radio said we need more members :)

Edited by Devan

radio Posted on Apr 20 2003, 02:23 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's currently over 3600 registered members on the forums as of today...

if we could just get 5-10% to join  

That would be like 180 members at .05%........Check my math.... :mrgreen:

Yea, that would be great!! and seems like an obtainable# of members. :)

Edited by Devan

Oh, greenbaypackersfan2003 don't get me going again :erm::P:)

Come on .... more team members .... please

Edited by MrFred

Now that I have my system purrrrring again I think I'll jump on board! :woot:

EDIT: It sure would be a lot simpler if there was one pinned page with the instructions on this task rather than have to go thru a 9 page thread to figure it out.

Just my 2cents

Edited by bluescout

Here are the instructions that should help.

Download the correct file from this page. (depending on your system)

http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

When it asks for team number , put 32035

If you want to understand more of what you are actually participating in, read the info from this page

http://folding.stanford.edu/

I hope this helps Greenbaypackersfan2003 and anyone else unsure what folding is all about.

I think radio is getting seriously into this now. 5 active processors within the week......nice :) . I need to get my other board out I guess and put it to some good use. The competition seems to be getting pretty heavy.

Henry8866 Posted on Apr 21 2003, 06:50 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can you have multiple computers use the same username? I have 3 computers total that I can use and was wondering if I could log myself in to each one and have all the stats from each comp go towards my username.  

Yes you can Henry. Take a look at our stats, we have like 23 members and 30 active computers within this past week.

That's all I can tell you Henry cause though we may be teamates we are still competitors. :mrgreen:

Like I said in another post, looks like the competition is picking up a bit. :)

It is disappointing to realise that my contributions are so low .... 2 Work Units :( . In actual fact, I am near the end of the 5th .... but communication to Stanford is again a problem .... presumably because of my Firewall. It would be helpful if there was some detail about how and when Hanford fetch and deliver their work. I have tried to think through what I think happens :erm: , because, I don't intend removing the firewall permanently.

I try to notice what happens at the end of a WU .... there is some shuffling around and there is something happening through the net .... and I get started on a new WU.

It seems reasonable for me to think that there is a pile of WU's on my computer just waiting to be operated on .... and the shuffling is just well, shuffling .... and nothing goes out or comes in! .... Which explains why I keep going .... in what appears a normal way!.

When I come to look for support to the team .... nothing.

Now, does Hanford fetch it? or does the program automatically send it?.

If I knew, I could disable the firewall for a minimal amount of time!.

In fact, I could try at the end of this WU .... if I don't miss the end :huh: .

Anyone with a firewall be aware of this dilema.

Hope that explains why I'm a poor supporter :blink::) .

More later from MrFred ;) .

MrFred, which version of norton firewall/personal security are you using?

see if this helps at all: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.n...ion=2#_Section2

make sure the winfah.exe program is allowed communication inbound & outbound

Mohawk, why don't you install a console-only version of linux on there... no frills, just computational power :mrgreen:

radio, can i still keep xp pro, on here and stick the console version on here and run both at the same time? or just redhat? :huh:

btw, my other h/d i had redhat on is a wall hanging, :angry: so i'm limited til i get another h/d. :)

Edited by mohawkwarrior

I waited and waited until we moved to under 1000 all day today so I can write it here in the forum and the minute I saw it, I couldnt get into the forums. HammerSlammer beat me to it! :mrsgreen:

I guess I'll have to wait until we get to 500 B)

Congrats all.... We're on our way! :banana::banana::banana: