Change Mode

ok today i started too overclock on this board dfi lanparty 250gb uv my last one was defetive or something i think the memory did something too it and i dont think it was a overclock that did it thats what im afaid of but i thout this board is for overclocking so far i uped the fsb too 220 2200mhz and so far its runing good ideling at 43 too 46 but it was at this temp at stock whould it hurt too leave it at 220fsb? heres my test

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=NJ7HMWBWXARS09K7

by the way how far can i go with this board and cpu?

it did go up alittle with 2.2ghz 55 at full load is this a safe temp too run at with out hurting anything?

Edited by gordesky1

50c and 1.7v seem to be the rule of thumb. (for the 939 winchester)

On the 3000 amd has 3 different cores...newcastle,clawhammer, or winchester.

for overclocking the winchesters seem to be doing very well with the 3000's reaching 2.6 pretty regularly and as high as 2.8 on air.

so far i had prime runing for over 2hrs and it went too 61 at full load is this a safe temp? my vcore is ony 1.5 volts and im runing this with the stock heat sink and fan whould it hurt too run this like this for month or two? till i get a new heatsink and fan.

what heatsink and fan too you recommend?

I recommend flashing to latest BIOS. The s754's at least are natorious for reading CPU temps too high. If it is Prime stsble them it isnt running too hot....my guess is you need a newer BIOS.

Go into the motherboard CD and install Winfash. It works great for flashing bios on this mobo I use it all the time. It will also tell you which bios you are using. In the very far left bottom corner is the bios your running in the boot up screen it will be a date.

I'm using the 10/05 bios with the 4v vdimm option.

Here is the 10/05 bios with the 4v vdimm HERE

Edited by Rev.

is that bios that you posted for the lanparty 250gb ut? and does it work? and if something does happen can i flash the bio back as it was?

last time i did it with the same board from the website it was dead after i flash it i had too rma it but when i go there now the bios that i download is not there so theres must of ben something wrong with it.

thanks rev i did that update it went all fine :) temp is at 37 too 39 now i didnt test the full load but im sure it be better than 61 :)

one more thing when i went in bios my cpu fan and case fan saying 0 but in windows its fine no biggie but is that right?