Change Mode

I'm taking some heat on some matters and I'm getting tired of hearing about it...

If you folks will just plain ignore any posts by certain members that appear designed to inflame or incite arguments,, I feel this place will be a much happier place to login to...

Perhaps we can all make it a new years resolution to just avoid members who are pesky,, truth stretching,, narcissistic,, and brag of themselves in gobsmacking proportions ... :mrgreen:

This method has worked well for the amish,,its called shunning,,and the Brits call it being sent to Coventry...

Lets all give it a shot and see what happens,, I could just ban some folks outright but really want to avoid that slippery slope if possible...

Thank you!! :) vj

Had to check the thesaurus on narcissistic

arrogant, big talking, bigheaded, chesty, cocky, crapper, gall, ham, hot shot, hot stuff, immodest, know-it-all, loudmouth, narcissistic, overweening, phony, puffed up, self-important, smart-alecky, snooty, stuck up, swollen-headed, vain, vainglorious, windbag

Thats quite the list!!

I'll try my dardenst just cause you asked so nice. :)

I know I have been bad at starting stuff with a particular member here so I will make an effort to stop :)

Sorry 'guru but I think V's talking about you.

:lol:

The Biblical basis for shunning is found in these two verses: "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat" (I Corinthians 5:11)

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and of fences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." (Romans 16:17)

The families of a shunned member are expected to also shun them. Families shun the person by not eating at the same table with them. The practice of shunning makes family gatherings especially awkward.

I doubt that anybody's family will comply.

So, that's cool. Will there be stonings too?

The Biblical basis for shunning is found in these two verses: "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat" (I Corinthians 5:11)

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and of fences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them." (Romans 16:17)

The families of a shunned member are expected to also shun them. Families shun the person by not eating at the same table with them. The practice of shunning makes family gatherings especially awkward.

I doubt that anybody's family will comply.

So, that's cool. Will there be stonings too?

You can keep the bible verses chop,,already read them and they don't apply here at the pit for the most part...

I think most of the folks with any common sense will understand where I'm coming from,,I really didn't expect you to though...

As for the stoning,,we keep that for special occasions.

You can keep the bible verses chop,,already read them and they don't apply here at the pit for the most part...

I think most of the folks with any common sense will understand where I'm coming from,,I really didn't expect you to though...

As for the stoning,,we keep that for special occasions.

Ah, but I did get it Volt. Clear as a bell in fact.

That common sense comment wouldn't be an insult would it?

Sorry if you don't like the Bible quotes but shunning is a Biblical interpretation, and even you mentioned the Amish. If you feel they are inappropriate I would be happy to edit them out.

That stoning comment was a Biblical reference too...as in who would cast the first one?

Edited by Chopdoc

I admit one person here gets under my skin and alot of yours too. I will try to just ignore, that is usually for the best. But if we had one day here to be able to say exactly what we think about anyone.. man oh man could I let it rip :soapbox:

I will try to be better about ignoring. Sometimes if you ignore it just goes away ;)

I bet sublimer could help ya out with the stoning part :mrgreen: oops wrong kind of stoning :woot::P

Happy New Year folks... hope it is the best one yet for all of you. :grouphug:

cant you just make a new group and call it turkey and stick anyone who deserves it in there for a month ( you could have a vote between the admins and mods to decide who goes in there ) and also make a turkey icon and then everytime they posted we can all reply with gobble gobble and apply the appropiate turkey icon .... :lol:

bet i get a pm later headed welcome to the new group

gobble gobble :)

make a turkey icon and then everytime they posted we can all reply with gobble gobble and apply the appropiate turkey icon .... :lol:

Now THAT is an idea. A proverbial dunce cap icon.

Shall I sit for a fitting or will it be one size fits all? Mind you my head is a bit largish.....

It seems to me that such organized disapproval would be more trouble that it's worth. How will the Star Chamber members be selected? How often will they meet? Will the offending member be granted a chance to reform, or be handed the Black Spot immediately?

As with any extended family, there are individuals who simply rub other members the wrong way. To attempt to persuade other members to take sides in a family dispute is not the best way to promote harmony.

In the event of a really egregrious breach of the protocol, spontaneous action by individual initiative would seem more than adequate. (Remember the hilarious "I'm dead" prank of last year? The offender was banned immediately, and will STAY banned, not by organized rules, but by a general revulsion of the membership at large).

It's easy enough to scan for posts by those you can't get along with, and just don't go there.

Uh... Hello....hello? Is anybody there? (only echoes answer)

Edited by poru

Thought we might have some members here who would get my drift.

Reckon not too many did...

I'm out voted by the mods and other admins,,plan 2 will be in effect from now on.