Change Mode

Internet

Guest offmdan

Guest offmdan

Hi there!

I've tried a zillion billion trillion programs that promise to speed up internet.

I'm on dial-up and since 1998, i've failed to see a program succeed in this area.

Firefox is the next best thing. Can PC Pitstop's Optimize do the trick? That is the question.

If you have dialup, any improvement by Optimize will be small. There are other benefits such as junk file cleanup and registry cleanup but if you're getting it for Internet speed I think you will be disappointed.

Be very careful about downloading any "free internet optimizers" for dialup, most of them are scams. There is even one that monitors all your purchases including credit card numbers.

If you have dialup, any improvement by Optimize will be small. There are other benefits such as junk file cleanup and registry cleanup but if you're getting it for Internet speed I think you will be disappointed.

Be very careful about downloading any "free internet optimizers" for dialup, most of them are scams. There is even one that monitors all your purchases including credit card numbers.

There is a programme called OnSpeed which claims to speed up DUN and it has had some very good reports. But it costs!
Guest offmdan

Thanks Dave for honest reply.

I've seen a "recent" shareware in Italy called Acceleratore which seems to work but have to be a subscriber to an existing service out there.

Plonkeroo, have tried OnSpeed and it really doesn't improve anything.

Even Netscape's latest gizmo which may improve IE speed (while losing image quality) is still slower than recent Firefox.

AT&T offers a free accelerator to their dial-up subscribers which works very well.

um I don't think that offmdan will want to move to America just for faster internet speeds :blink::mrgreen: