Change Mode

World Wrestling Entertainment In Iraq

ChrisR

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 22, 2004--World Wrestling Entertainment®(NYSE:WWE) Chairman Vince McMahon and the SmackDown! Superstars just returned safely from entertaining thousands of U. S. troops in Iraq, which culminated in a soon to be televised performance for the troops near Tikrit. This has become an annual tradition for World Wrestling Entertainment and our troops operating in harm's way.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/a...357&newsLang=en

This will air tonight in the US on UPN for those of you that receive that channel. Even if you absolutely hate wrestling, try to catch at least catch a few minutes to see what a great thing WWE is doing for the troops as a special holiday treat. It must have cost them a great deal of money, and they're out there in a warzone to get a chance to entertain the troops.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/a...357&newsLang=en

This will air tonight in the US on UPN for those of you that receive that channel. Even if you absolutely hate wrestling, try to catch at least catch a few minutes to see what a great thing WWE is doing for the troops as a special holiday treat. It must have cost them a great deal of money, and they're out there in a warzone to get a chance to entertain the troops.

Well I'm not one to watch wrestling, but I'll enjoy viewing and being entertained by this art! :lol::woot:

Hope our troops (and not theirs) have a safe and joyus Christmas.

WWE might not be a very prestigious organization, but the troops love it, and that's what matters. These wrestlers are giving up a lot of time during the holidays that they would normally spend with their families to go entertain the troops. It was a voluntary trip for each superstar as well, I hope some of you take a few minutes just to see the setup they have there, it's quite astounding and refreshing to see the troops so happy.l