Change Mode

Traumatized

ThUnDeR

We sold 1,000 dollars worth of food in 1 hour's time. Seeing as most you'll pay for a given sandwich is 2.00, that is 500 sandwiches. But there are other factors like fries, drinks etc. Still on a sandwich level, we have our lil KVS Grill screen that shows us the orders we need to make and stuff. 4 orders can appear on the screen. That screen NEVER was clear for almost 45-50 minutes. THere were times when we were pending 8 orders (it means there are 4 on the screen, and there are 8 waiting to be put on ) Each time u make an order, u hit the "Serve" button and the order on the screen disappears and it would go to pending 7. Well there wasn't one time where we had less than 3 orders pending until the end of the rush.

It was horrific. God only knows how many hamburger patties I made. 8 per grill, 2 grills for hamburger patties alone. I was going through putting 16 at time, pull the 16 to a tray when done, and putting 16 more down. This for almost 40 minutes straight.

I feel so drained. What an experience. One I wish to never have happen again lol

Our McDonalds strives to not do that kinda thing. We're human too and make mistakes. But I think our management does a good job here of controlling such problems.

I will seriously get pictures of our grill area. I counted 35 signs put up in various spots, that try to either tell us about procedures or ones that will "pump us up" to do good. All sorts of "Strive for 95!" or "KVS Goal times of 45, you can do it grill team!!" etc etc. Our management staff is cool and all but sometimes they are kinda stupid when it comes to scheduling. Only 3 scheduled in the grill today for example. Danny (a friend of mine), Emma (nice lady who speaks hardly any english lol) and I. One of the managers had to come back and be a 4th person to help make sandwiches.

Hmm we don't sell spicy chicken at our store anymore. Only McChickens. ]

What sucked about that 1 hour as well was the amount of double cheeseburgers we sold. It only takes 4 sandwiches to take up a whole tray of meat..... main reason why I had to make so much meat.

We sold 1,000 dollars worth of food in 1 hour's time. Seeing as most you'll pay for a given sandwich is 2.00, that is 500 sandwiches. But there are other factors like fries, drinks etc. Still on a sandwich level, we have our lil KVS Grill screen that shows us the orders we need to make and stuff. 4 orders can appear on the screen. That screen NEVER was clear for almost 45-50 minutes. THere were times when we were pending 8 orders (it means there are 4 on the screen, and there are 8 waiting to be put on ) Each time u make an order, u hit the "Serve" button and the order on the screen disappears and it would go to pending 7. Well there wasn't one time where we had less than 3 orders pending until the end of the rush.

It was horrific. God only knows how many hamburger patties I made. 8 per grill, 2 grills for hamburger patties alone. I was going through putting 16 at time, pull the 16 to a tray when done, and putting 16 more down. This for almost 40 minutes straight.

I feel so drained. What an experience. One I wish to never have happen again lol

That's what it can be like in a busy ER....for hours at a time. And then there are lives in the balance not burgers. The OR can be like that too. The most physically demanding thing I have ever done was surgery, harder than physical labor.

Some people thrive on being that busy, coming down from the high can really make them crash. For others it is just beyond their limits. Experiences like that can really help you decide what kind of environment you want to work in long term. It's a shame that some people don't get so much choice and hate what they do. Even worse, some people don't consider that carefully enough and go forward with something that does not suit them.

If nothing else you can learn something about yourself from this and gain something in personal growth through introspection.

• 5 weeks later...

Where I work at macas, they only employ one person in the back area from 4pm - 6pm on weeknights. The other night I was that lucky person and as luck would have it everyone came down from the movies (it's at a foodcourt) and had me taken by surprise while I was 'lulling'. Suddenly I was dizzy..... :P

I'm only new and a couple of weeks ago I made the biggest mistake ever. The manager came up to me after I had been workin my butt off in the chick/fish area and said to me:

"Ummm..... you know that the chicken burgers....actually have to have....CHICKEN IN THEM!"

I'd totally forgotten to put chicken patties into 2 chicken burgers!! :blushing::blushing:

What's the most embaressing thing you've done?

with regards

whast macas?

working at mcdonalds and going thru labor like tht is not worth minimum wage.... i wish i was old enough to work at a ral computer store........ ahhhh the fun i would have, also the delicous discounts on pc hardware....

I can do an $800 hour with 2 people, one really good grill perdon and me on sandwiches, you think that i would be traumatized by it, but you get used to after so many thousands of sandwiches. Then again i dont have a demented clown watching over me

Edited by hotrodtyler