Change Mode

Why Is It That ...........

MrFred

Why is it that I receive working instructions, ....... then work on them for, well, a long time .... finish sucessfully .... then automatically download results .... then Upload more instruction .... then continue working :angry::angry: .

I would have thought, if all that was possible, they could at least react to my name and team number :angry::angry: .

How do I talk to them by email???. I have been in google .... plenty of references but no means of getting to them :angry::angry: .

We are talking about so called PR ........ Stanford don't have any of that.

Thanks, ....I've had to stop "working" to get access to it .... It's long .... I think I'll have to send it as an attachment in an email .... Is that right? :help: .

also look at your 'queue info'

right-click on the icon in the tray, select status, then queue info.

see if it shows more than one item in there, if it does, your results aren't uploading.

hmm, thisn is weird.

ive been working on my 1st WU for liek 3 days now, and two days ago it was at like 335/500, so i left it to run overnight, well, when i woke up, it had become 0/500, and its been there ever since...

sorry for barging in on your thread :)

Radio .... 2 empty

............. 2 done

............. 1 active

............. 5 empty

in that order

[03:51:13] Writing local files

[03:51:13] Completed 320000 out of 500000 steps  (64)

[03:58:28] Writing local files

[03:58:28] Completed 325000 out of 500000 steps  (65)

[04:05:40] Writing local files

[04:05:40] Completed 330000 out of 500000 steps  (66)

[04:12:50] Writing local files

[04:12:50] Completed 335000 out of 500000 steps  (67)

[04:20:05] Writing local files

[04:20:05] Completed 340000 out of 500000 steps  (68)

[04:27:05] Writing local files

[04:27:05] Completed 345000 out of 500000 steps  (69)

[04:27:56] + Paused

[04:27:56] Suspending work thread...

Looks as if there's more than me with funny problems?.

How do I transfer this big log file to you stasi

Sorry Torrey......wish I knew for sure but my first inclination are your clock speeds......it may have just crashed and you may need to close and restart the program. If it were my machine, similiar as ours are, that would be my first inclination......may want to try adjusting your memory timings. Just a pretty good guess but just that.....a guess. :)

Of course some premium memory would probably do the job when you can get you some. :)

Edited by Devan

Sorry Torrey......wish I knew for sure but my first inclination are your clock speeds......it may have just crashed and you may need to close and restart the program. If it were my machine, similiar as ours are, that would be my first inclination......may want to try adjusting your memory timings. Just a pretty good guess but just that.....a guess. :)

Of course some premium memory would probably do the job when you can get you some. :)

nope, i always pause folding when I game, and I havent crashed in sooo longg, well i did yesterday when system loct up (169x13), so i backed down on the o/c. im now running p95 at 153x13.5(2212mhz). I dun think nthe o.cing did anything to the results...

but I wanna note that it is now 0/0 when I put my mouse over the folding icon?

With no team designation at this point I think Torrey may be testing the free agent market. :mrgreen:

Hey Zi0n, join up and donate some of that xtra Intel power!! :)

Edited by Devan

Funny how everything else goes in and out :erm: .

I have cleared the firewall so that stanford can get through.

The personal aspect of the firewall is always sensitive to anything with Fred in it. Whenever that shows up I always have to permit. I think I'll remove that check because anything that's got Fred in it stops everything. I'll try it. Thanks radio :blink::) .

Thanks radio .... and everyone else who are taking an interest in sorting this folding thing out :erm: . It is remiss of me to apparently ignore everyone :blushing: . My computer is online 24hrs a day (most of the time at the Pit forum, so you'll see me as being there :mrsgreen: ) .... the problem is the analogue bits .... my eyes .. :blink: .. are doing all sorts of other essential things .... if you know what I mean .... sometimes even :snooze: .

I have now finished the 3rd WU .... last one finished at 13.35hrs (today) .... that one took 49½hrs.

I think these problems are more than likely caused by the Norton firewall .... which I am reluctant to remove. I can't say that I properly understand its setup. I think I've cleared everything for Hanford .... I've removed personal name "Fred".... the one that seems to upset things now is digits in my telephone number :blank: . I will see if I can disable all the personal content.

Will it help if I download (to you) the Hanford folding folder .... containing the basic hanford files (2.14MB) plus the Work folder .... now containing 18 files (2.23MB) :help: .

This is the current state of team results

PitCrew @ PCPitstop

Date of last work unit 2003-04-18 05:02:15

Active processors within a week 18

Team ID # 32035

Grand Score 1399.69998550415

Work Unit Count 50

Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 1780

Home Page http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com

Team members

Rank

(within team) User Score WU

1 Stasi 308.94 12

2 devan 256.58 9

3 HammerSlammer 182.89 5

4 oftentired 116.28 4

5 radio 105.77 4

6 deejay(PitStop) 99 3

7 Fusion 81.39 3

8 AKokes 69.9 3

9 Dr^nO 33 1

10 dickster 33 1

11 Howard_Rock 33 1

12 Henry8866 33 1

13 Jamma 16.17 1

14 KansasConnection 15.39 1

15 Drewstein 15.39 1        <<<<

Report generated at Fri Apr 18 05:16:54 PDT 2003

Notice the line:-

Active processors within a week 18

That difference of 3 .... could represent my "WU" ..... registered as "anonymous" ........... ???

MrFred .... says thanks again, and will let you digest that .... while I have a look at something else :P .

................ Norton :( .

Wonder if jazzy's still around :mrgreen:

I was talking to my sister last night (1 hour) .. :erm: .. she said rain was expected this W/E .... so you'll never get that gardening done :mrsgreen: Jazzy.

NOT our Easter until next week .. :huh: .. Lots of street decorations in Paralimni :)

Well, it looks as if I've jumped into the bed at last, so uuch up ..:blush:.. put your arms round me ..:wub:.. and don't let me fall out, again :) .

I am a bit fijity in bed .... and I might move to different places .... but please, don't worry .. :mrsgreen: .. I'll be careful to protect the integrity of the team .... well, I have to, I am new here .. ;) .. my hard disk is very unhappy .. :( .. and with you being dressed up in XP things .. :rolleyes: .. I've only got a limp ME :huh:

MrFred, saying thanks .... is giving ((((((32035))))))