Change Mode

i got asrock k7vm4 8x agp and me and my ucle is trying too find a good cpu that are fast and good too overclock and we found the mobile xp 3000 it clocks at 2.2ghz and the muti is unlock too and us vcore is ony 5% like right now we can up the vcore from 1.57 too 1.62 and that why we was looking at the 3000 because its at 1.62 stock and i was wondering right now if i go over 185fsb it will freeze in games or in windows and the new cpu is at 133fsb can i go up too 180 with out freezes like my old one i got now? and will this cpu be better than the reg AMD Athlon?

i whould go for the 2500 but the vcore is 1.45 and my vcore on my mb is 5% it whouldint give overclocking room will i see a diff from my duron 1600 overclock too 2.2 too the mobile 3000 in games and stuff? and are the mobiles faster than the reg AMD Athlons?

i whould go for the 2500 but the vcore is 1.45 and my vcore on my mb is 5% it whouldint give overclocking room will i see a diff from my duron 1600 overclock too 2.2 too the mobile 3000 in games and stuff? and are the mobiles faster than the reg AMD Athlons?

Well, in a sense they are, since the mobile's have more oevrclocking headroom.

Also, all the mobiles use 1.45v I believe, but have much more Ocing headroom, since they are unlocked, and run cooler.

when i went on newegg for the 3000 it says 1.65 vcore is that right? and is it worth the upgrade over my curent cpu?

Is it a mobile???

Also, I think the 2500+, or 3000+ will kick your Duron's :filtered:, since they have 4-8x the L2 cache of the Duron, and the mobile's OC very well.

yep its a mobile i got a ? too ask again my ucles computer got the same computer as me but he didint overclock his its a 1.6ghzs but hes got a bfg 5200fx card and he wanted too know if he also get the 3000 mobile will it be better on games like fps right now he could play nfsu at mem and doom3 at mem and farcry at high with lighting down and hes playing flat out racing at high settings will it do better on games if he get 1gb and the cpu? he didint want too get rid of the card yet.

games might load quicker with 1gb ram, and might raise the fps a little.. but the quality will still be crap with the 5200 vid card..

if youre thinking about getting a mobile, the 2500m is the way to go.. it's cheaper, and will get just as high of a stable overclock as the 3000m will

but wouldint my vcore be a problem?

lower vcore is better than higher vcore.. so if you start out at 1.45 youve got more headroom for bigger overclocks.

on most motherboards ive seen, the vcore options change when you change cpus.. so yours might have 1.57 as the lowest setting, but when you swap to a mobile chip, it should have the option of a lower vcore.. have you checked to be sure that board is compatable with a mobile? i think i saw back when they first came out, that some boards would run them at like 600mhz because you couldnt adjust the multis or something :huh:

you need a new motherboard.. that board is going to limit your overclocks anyway since it only supports 333fsb and not 400fsb.. i say spend another $70.00 or so and get you a good nforce 3 motherboard :) to go along with a mobile 2500+.. for the diffferance in price of the 3000m and 2500m thats almost enough to get a decent mobo :santagrin:

well i realy wanted too stick with this board but i just check on the 3000 its out of stock :( can you Recommend a good board with a pci/agp and good mem for cheep? and is the mobile 2500m the best one? or should i go 64bit or will that be alot of money?

Is it a mobile???

Also, I think the 2500+, or 3000+ will kick your Duron's :filtered:, since they have 4-8x the L2 cache of the Duron, and the mobile's OC very well.

you can't really dis the durons' L2, seeing as at the time when they were popular, they were nearly outperforming P3s, P4s, Athlons, and Athlon XPs.

Also, the celeron has double the duron's L2 (128KB vs. 64), and the celeron is a POS at a lot of things.

i think one thing is some DVD thingy, where a CPU needs a decent amount of L2 to be used properly or something (cant remember crap), the duron worked fine with 64, and the celeron didnt with 128.

well i realy wanted too stick with this board but i just check on the 3000 its out of stock :( can you Recommend a good board with a pci/agp and good mem for cheep? and is the mobile 2500m the best one? or should i go 64bit or will that be alot of money? i just need something good for gameing my ucle problee got too keep his 5200 card because he cant spend too much on christmas same as me hes thinking about overclocking his 5200 will that help in games geting a mb and cpu and overclocking it?

ABIT "KV8 Pro" K8T800 Pro

AMD 3000+

The board does have locks for busses, and you could use your RAM (probably not 1:1) untill you have the cash to upgrade it.

Or for the 3000+ socket A: Abit NF-7S

If you go socket A upgrade your video card :)

Or...some nice Good memory for cheap.

Edited by Rev.

we was looking at this 64bit motherboard for 3$ more is this one better than the ABIT "KV8 Pro" K8T800 Pro?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-128-241&depa=1

whould we see more performence in 1gb instead of 512

right now we got kreaton 2700 333mhzs 512 in us rig now

Edited by gordesky1

Yes you would see more performance...you could get another 512 stick of what you have of that value RAM (DDR 400) I posted depending on your money...and if a few bucks isnt a problem then get this: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-136-147&depa=1 This is the best OCing board I have seen (I have had experience with 3 chipsets and 5 makes) and it has 2Ghz HTT option plus SATA/IDE RAID onboard.

is it better than the board we posted and does it take up too 1600fsb like the other one we posted or all of them take 1600? and i fi wanted too do raid can i use my 120gb wd 7200rpm hdd? and does it come with the wires and stuff too do it or do i have too buy them? oh i forgot is there a good cheep cpu fan for this?

Edited by gordesky1