Change Mode

Folding@home N Cpu

Jamma

I downloaded folding@home n joined pcpitstops crew. it's been running constantly ever since. i haven't noticed any change in the performance of my PC at all! no slowing down, no probs.

i ran pcpitstops tests and had forgotten it was running until my results showed 100%CPU.

i quit folding@home, ran it again, it was 0%.

my question... since i don't notice any difference with it running or not, does it matter if i run it all the time?

it does say if your running photoshop, psp, but if your just surfing and not doing much with your comp you can leave it on all the time. i have mine going even when i burn music, you would have to do some experimentation with other programs you use, and if it doesn't effect them then your ok to run it continuosly. :)

i do occasionally use PSP but i'll see how it goes.

i like the folding@home thing  :rolleyes:  i feel like i'm helping to do something good! :)

I've been in this .. :blank: .. folding@home - thingy .. :blank: .. since it first appeared as a topic :blank: . I'm now on the third WU (which looks as if it's going to take about 52hrs) .... I would also like the feel -

i feel like i'm helping to do something good! :)

Everything seems to be working .... but, it's not :blank::blank: .

Existing folding members (10 or is it 11) .... any comments???