Change Mode

2004/05 Stock Pitstop Challenge

I want to Thank EVERYBODY who entered the Pitstop Challenge....

You all did a fine job of putting up with the rulz and posting some awesome scores.

I want to thank the Staff

Ronnie Coleman

Tgic

and all my PI's for checking all the scores ;)

The Challenge is officially Done

:rocks:

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikead_99

:tdn: challenge ends at 11:59.. not 12:00 ;)

and you didnt post it right.. needs pcmark score

cpu type, cooling.. etc etc..

That's fine. When I knew I couldn't keep up with these guys RAID configs improving the score became a matter of pride anyway.

That's fine. When I knew I couldn't keep up with these guys RAID configs improving the score became a matter of pride anyway.

Thats what its always about, beating your old score and maybe a few other systems simular to your own. :)

Congrats to everybody, some fine looking systems...makes mine look like a hunk of crap, especially my video :(

Thanks for the contest, and everyone who put in their time to orchestrate it!

Edited by Salo35

Thanks Ray as usual I enjoyed the challenge and all the fun it brings. Even got to meet one of the new Pitsters.

Congrats to UDT on some great scores. By the next challenge the sli boards and new cards should show up like they are supposed to. Would rather have won or lost without the publishing problem.

Mikead_99 good scores. Keep them coming. Maybe you guys can help me with this sli board.

:rocks: Congrats everyone and thanks. :rocks:

Congrats Shogan, UDT, and Mikead_99! You folks can give me pointers on these FX55s anytime(consulting fees can be discussed). Seriously, it has been great fun, and thx to all who put the time in to make it all possible :beer: :beer: :beer:

The hacked drivers are a valid point., and a reason for disqualification, IMO. I obviously missed that post. :blushing: And I too, would prefer to see a clear winner. But a contingency was allowed for screen shots, under very limited circumstances.

http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?sh...y%20case&st=195

From the above thread, near the bottom of page 14:

If you Guys/Gals cant get it going... I will allow screenies, but on a case by case basis... Im trying to avoid talking about it until we get close to the start date.

Also dont test and save the screenies because because testing must be done with in a certian time limit to avoid cheating, I'll give you guys/gals the details by PM when we get closer to the start Date.... Play on ;)

And as ronnie pointed out, the validation was not done by using screenshots. It was determined by accessing and examining project pages in the account in question. The screenshot was taken by me after a request was made that one be posted. It was not a factor in the validation. I agree that in any future competitions if you can't publish you can't play. No exceptions.

Just wondering (I am so lost), what happened to this UDT person?

Member Group Validating

huh?

and what happened to all of his posts... lol

congrats everyone for entering the challenge, hope you all enter the next one too.

Guest mikead_99

Thanks for the words guys, and congrats to shogan191, as well as SIK_L_CELL and IntelGuy in the o/c'ed challenge. (I know wrong thread for those two :lol: ) Like I mentioned earlier, I intended to run at the o/c'ed, not stock, but didn't have my stuff together in time. Having said that, this was about the most fun I've had pulling benches in a long time. Trying to scramble some good numbers up in such a short timeframe was a blast. Some class acts in this place as well, I'm sure I'll be around in the next one too after such a good experience. :cheers:

lol, and I think I will go ahead and get off my single IDE drive kick before then. Been wanting SATA raid for a while, but you know how it's been with PCI locks.

Edited by mikead_99

:welcome:

:note1: You can check out any time you like...

but you can never leave. :note2:

Great system. Looks like you'll have time to get it (almost :P ) where you want it by the next round. :mrgreen:

:welcome:

:note1:  You can check out any time you like...

but you can never leave. :note2:

Showen your age with that song :lol: Edited by X_C

great job everyone ...... .. i bet all the online merchants are glad too .. that last week or 2 must have been a spike in sales huh ...... i learned a lot in here again as usual and had a lot of fun ...

as for the modifird drivers i think that only applied to the NVIDIA cards ;)

The drawing for the Geforce 6800 will occur soon stay tuned...

Congrats to Shogan for taking the #1 Spot and winning a BFG GeForce 6800 GT :cheers:

Congrats to Rekcah for winning the Intel Division...

Remember 2nd and 3rd place finisher get some goodies too ;)

Special thx to Rob Cheng (PC Pitstop) and BFG Tech for their sponsorship

it was pretty cool, some of the systems for the next round are just insane with a more SLI friendly test coming ;). I wish I could have competed more but my computer is running like meh. Though I did finally crack 20,000 3dmarks without knowing the ins and outs of the test, so I improved :).