Change Mode

2004/05 Stock Pitstop Challenge

Thanks for the help, Ronnie. . .

So are you saying that the system CPU and mobo chipset could cause the video card to run slower than it should?  :blink:

I was just logging in under a different e-mail address and then retesting which ever account had the lower score. Then I was going to report the highest . . . Is that OK too?

1st of all we're not allowed to have 2 accounts (only 1)

Like ronnie said "just rt click My Computer and change the name and reboot and your previous test will be saved...

As Tgic stated....

All this...

C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~2\nopdb.exe Norton SpeedDisk

C:\Program Files\Nero\InCD 4\InCD\InCDsrv.exe Ahead CD support

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe Debugger

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe Office XP speech

C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe NVIDIA driver helper

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Stardock\SDMCP.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe Symantec products

C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe Norton Antivirus

C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE Norton Recycle Bin

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ups.exe UPS Service

C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe Windows Update

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe Print spooler

C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\GHOSTS~2.EXE Norton Ghost Start Service

C:\Program Files\APC PowerChute\mainserv.exe APC PowerChute

C:\Program Files\ASUS Utilities\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe Pc-cillin Firewall

C:\Program Files\ASUS Utilities\PC-cillin 2002\Tmntsrv.exe Pc-cillin Antivirus

....is slowing down your PC, Norton is the worst!!!

your test result will be at least 100-200 points higher ;)

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help, Ronnie. . .

So are you saying that the system CPU and mobo chipset could cause the video card to run slower than it should? :blink:

I was just logging in under a different e-mail address and then retesting which ever account had the lower score. Then I was going to report the highest . . . Is that OK too?

The video card runs fine in all 3d test, just in pit test the via+athlon64 combo will always score low in 32bit.

The video card runs fine in all 3d test, just in pit test the via+athlon64 combo will always score low in 32bit.

You mean I'm just destined for failure? How could this be? . . . No, it can't be! . . .Where's the humanity?! :bawling: . . .

Just kidding!. . . Well, I guess I'll just give it what I've got. ;) . . .

By the way, do you know when I'll be able to put one of those nifty pictures under my name?? :rolleyes: )

If you are refering to Avatars you should be able to put one in now. Just go to your controls and add it.

Yup, that's what I meant. Thanks. . . .

Well, here's my scores. I hope I posted the links right. Please let me know if I'm in the game now . . .

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=VWUTMWJKEJRS01N7

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm04=2744203

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8345968

PCPitstop Score . . . 1757

PC04 . . . 3197

3D01 . . . 6564

ISP . . . 48

AMD Athalon 64 2.2GHz

Air cooling

Total: 3964

Yikes!! :woot: I'm barely on the score board! :(

:blink: Did something go wrong?? :blink:

Well, at least I'm in the raffle. By the way, do we have to enter both competitions to be in the raffle? . . .

Oh yeah, and one more thing, is it possible to turn the audio on during the benchmarking of 3DMark? I couldn't find where to do it. . .

Edited by Revivalist

Yup, that's what I meant. Thanks. . . .

Well, here's my scores. I hope I posted the links right. Please let me know if I'm in the game now . . .

Total: 3964

Yikes!!  :woot:  I'm barely on the score board!  :(

:blink:  Did something go wrong??  :blink:

Well, at least I'm in the raffle. By the way, do we have to enter both competitions to be in the raffle? . . .

Oh yeah, and one more thing, is it possible to turn the audio on during the benchmarking of 3DMark? I couldn't find where to do it. . .

:cop: Looks good. :tup:

I agree that your scores look low. If you start a new thread I will try to help you increase you pcmark and 3dmark scores.

OK after a lot of money and agravation i finaly got this system rock solid and stable ( thankz onecool ) i should have gone withh the ASUS from the start i sent the DFI back for a refund ( get that in 2-3 weeks ) got the ASUS K8N E dlx ,,,, temps are right on que and no problems got everything loaded first shot with out a glitch ............

specs are ATH 64 3700+ @ 2.4ghz stock HSF

Pit test 2281 stock nothing tweaked or OC'd

- 100 ISP

3D-01 23053 no tweaks or OC's

PC-04 4626 again no tweaks

calc says 6799 ...... yeah i know a ATH64 3700+ with a gig of Ballistix and 2 SATA maxtors with 16mb buffers in raid 0 and a 6800GT would do better than this but i'm not gonna bother tweaking it till the X800 gets here probably by monday or tuesday and bythen the comp will be over so i'm just gonna see if i can get this one approved

EDIT : i know the scores dont reflect it but i mean nothing is tweaked even driver set at full quality and not performance .... but i can say that this rig feels so much faster than it looks .. loaded windows in 8 minutes .. and all programs install twice as fast ... it's flyin and solid

Edited by flewpastu

OK after a lot of money and agravation i finaly got this system rock solid and stable ( thankz onecool ) i should have gone withh the ASUS from the start i sent the DFI back for a refund ( get that in 2-3 weeks ) got the ASUS K8N E dlx ,,,, temps are right on que and no problems got everything loaded first shot with out a glitch ............

specs are ATH 64 3700+ @ 2.4ghz stock HSF

Pit test 2281 stock nothing tweaked or OC'd

- 100 ISP

3D-01 23053 no tweaks or OC's

PC-04 4626 again no tweaks

calc says 6799 ...... yeah i know a ATH64 3700+ with a gig of Ballistix and 2 SATA maxtors with 16mb buffers in raid 0 and a 6800GT would do better than this but i'm not gonna bother tweaking it till the X800 gets here probably by monday or tuesday and bythen the comp will be over so i'm just gonna see if i can get this one approved

EDIT : i know the scores dont reflect it but i mean nothing is tweaked even driver set at full quality and not performance .... but i can say that this rig feels so much faster than it looks .. loaded windows in 8 minutes .. and all programs install twice as fast ... it's flyin and solid

Looks good Flew. :tup:

We will be waiting for your x800 to see how it performs.

yeah i just hope this next one works ...... ZZf told me they would expedite the replacement ( normaly 2 weeks ) . i told them if it's gonna take two weeks to keep it and my business with them will be over ( i spent just under $8,000 there in the last year and a half in addition to ExcaliberPC and Newegg ) .... they told me it will be shipped by friday ........ again i just hope it works at this point :mrsgreen:

Small update I'm getting desperate :P

PIT SCORE= 2099

PC MARK04=5534

3DMARK01=25412

ISP=100

P4 3.4EE

Vapochill cooled

Calc score=7307 :)

Sweet Score!!! :cheers:

That moves you past Intel Guy :nuke::lol:

Great Job Flew!!! :cheers:

Nice Score Revivalist!!!

Glad you got in on time ;)

:wp:

Everybody... Make sure you get some Pic's of your PC's on the Pic's thread before Saturday if you want to be on the Top Dawg Video ;)

Thanks Raymo!

I've been tweaking all night (that is, my video card, of course :lol: ). I was messing with some of the video card settings in my BIOS and here's the best I could do. . .

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=6GZTMW1QPKRS3V07

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm04=2744203

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8345968

PCPitstop Score . . . 3221

PC04 . . . 3197

3D01 . . . 6564

ISP . . . 48

AMD Athalon 64 3400 2.2GHz

Air cooling

Total: 5428

Edited by Revivalist

:P  Might as well sell this SLI board and get me something that will handle a FX 5200.  LOL :mrgreen:

Ahhh, but Shogan, it's all in the flick of the wrist. . . No board can subsitute for skills. :lol:

But don't worry, you're still in the lead. I haven't figured out how to tweak my PCMark and 3DMark scores

. . . not yet. :shifty::mrwinky::)

Thanks Raymo!

I've been tweaking all night (that is, my video card, of course :lol: ). I was messing with some of the video card settings in my BIOS and here's the best I could do. . .

Total: 5428

Pit Video not valid :tdn: