Change Mode

THe only thing they have in common is the AMD Athlon 64 name and they both contain silicon. What? Did IQ's suddenly drop 50 point around here?

-=Vran=-

3800+: 130nm, 2.4Ghz, 512K L2

3500+ Winchester: 90nm 2.2Ghz, 512K L2

Yeah, you're right, I fail to see the difference.

I mean, it's only got the same exact amount of cache, is clocked 200Mhz slower, and has a smaller core....

OMG I'm such an idiot!

Edited by brandon
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THe only thing they have in common is the AMD Athlon 64 name and they both contain silicon. What? Did IQ's suddenly drop 50 point around here?

-=Vran=-

Anymore of that kinda talk and you'll be dropped...

Isn't the OCZ the only powersupply with 36amp on the 12v rail?

I also seem to remember that several people have the same oppinion on those two cpus. I think they even topped out on ocing at the same point. There was quite a bit of discussion on it over at Xtreme.

Anymore of that kinda talk and you'll be dropped...

Since you have the disclaimer:

PC Pitstop is not responsible for anything you do as a result of information or advice obtained at this site.

it's Obvious that accurate imformation is not important around here, so let me save you the trouble and just leave.

-=Vran=-

Since you have the disclaimer:

PC Pitstop is not responsible for anything you do as a result of information or advice obtained at this site.

it's Obvious that accurate imformation is not important around here, so let me save you the trouble and just leave.

-=Vran=-

Personal attacks, rudeness, insults to others,or arguments will not be tolerated

http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php?act=boardrules

Any bad info given here will most likely be caught and pointed out politely by someone...

Goodbye...

Isn't the OCZ the only powersupply with 36amp on the 12v rail? 

I also seem to remember that several people have the same oppinion on those two cpus.  I think they even topped out on ocing at the same point.  There was quite a bit of discussion on it over at Xtreme.

This one's got 36A on the 12V also.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-103-437&depa=0

.....so let me save you the trouble and just leave.

-=Vran=-

vran.....don't think anyone meant for you to actually leave! :rolleyes:

....just try and refrain from insulting anyone is all! ;)

you've got a lot of useful knowledge there and we could sure use your opinions and insight! :)

let it go man......c'mon back!

BTW.....HERE is another psu with 36a on the +12v rail.

i recently installed one of these....it has 34a on the +12v rail. not too sure 'bout the quality....the reviews are great (i'm still looking for a negative one), but i've only used it for a few weeks. .....so far i like it! :)

:beer:

Hey JacKeL I've got that Ultra too. It's a good looking and a pretty good specs ps. Thanks for the info on the Sparkle.

Vran we are all for accurate info. We just aren't into insulting others to get it out. You can put forth accurate info and even point out that you think someone else is incorrect without being insulting. The choice is and always has been yours to take part here. I think JackeL just did that by correcting my info on OCZ being the only PS with a 36 amp 12v rail. Now not only do I have better knowledge but I don't feel like an idiot. :) Holy Cow, look at the amps on that 550w Enermax. I don't get it. How can that be a 550W ps. If you multiply it out it comes to 730 watts. What am I doing wrong? 3.3x36+5x36+12x36=730.

I decided I'm gonna get a new psu as well, but it'll have to wait til later this week. I have plenty of time to get exactly what I want. Thanks for all the input guys....let's just try to keep the insults out of it. Everybody here has something to add to these forums. How you choose to do it makes all the difference.

It's "Adam's Word for the Day!".

Instigate means..

[v] serve as the inciting cause of; "She prompted me to call my relatives"

[v] provoke or stir up; "incite a riot"; "set off great unrest among the people"

:)

It's "Adam's Word for the Day!".

Instigate means..

[v] serve as the inciting cause of; "She prompted me to call my relatives"

[v] provoke or stir up; "incite a riot"; "set off great unrest among the people"

:)

SOmething tells me, you know that word all too well Adam :rolleyes::lol::lol: