Change Mode

Well, for those here who agree with me, let this thread be a heads up for the movie. For those who don't, a good laugh.

That's the whole issue Bac, a good laugh. When was the last time you got a good laugh from watching behaving properly, or doing what they're supposed to do? Prim and proper and morals just aren't funny, and kids deserve to laugh. As much as possible. So give them what they naturally think is funny. Happy kids don't grow up to be monsters. Unhappy, oppressed and shielded kids do.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One with different morals as the rest of us, apparently. Me, I'm with this guy though.

If everyone constantly worried and cared about whats morally right the world would be a boring place..

We would be watching Barney on TV during primetime hours

It's political correctness and righteous indignation all rolled into one and run amuck... :mrsgreen:

I'm one of the one's who think there's too much sex and violence on prime time TV, but that's pushing the envelope just a tad IMHO. -kd5-

This is funny.

Everyone has no problem with the content of MTV, but when it comes to sponge bob, their kids will be damaged for life.

I don't care about MTV, either... it embarrases people so bad when their parents do that stuff... take it from me, I know some people. Playing/watching sexual/violent things on tv, or in video games doesn't make anyone violent/corrupt... it is the mental state of the child. If they are that disturbed, they shouldn't be doing any of those things. Why would some adult humour on a child hurt them? What could they POSSIBLY do with it? Maybe they could repeat it, and get yelled at, but thats about it. Edited by Bill L

Oh no!! Naked starfish!!! Underwear!! The world is ending!!

Dear God some folks need to go watch Sesame Street if they're offended by Spongebob Squarepants. But wait...Big Bird is naked as well...:rolleyes:

Oh no!! Naked starfish!!! Underwear!! The world is ending!!

Dear God some folks need to go watch Sesame Street if they're offended by Spongebob Squarepants. But wait...Big Bird is naked as well...:rolleyes:

Big bird has a huge :filtered: :P

Better stay off the school bus also, I was exposed to all kinds of stuff there. :blink:

Better yet...just dont go to school.....too much bad exposure :mrgreen:

Just lock yourself in a closet and suck your thumb until youre 50 and ready to come out :beer:

Better yet...just dont go to school.....too much bad exposure  :mrgreen:

Just lock yourself in a closet and suck your thumb until youre 50 and ready to come out  :beer:

Then you come out and end up writting cartoon reviews that say they are full of violence, nudity, lust, jackass becomes foul language..............

Just say no to sponge crack :nuke:

Edited by Bruce

In my opinion the Spongebob movie was no worse than Shrek or Shrek 2 in the sense you are talking about. As a parent I took my 3 year old to see it and he loved it and I am pretty sure he didnt understand the inuendos! As for the cheeks we all go to the bathroom with our young ones when we are teaching them they have all seen em. But I never seen anyone complain about the Shrek movies???!

Didn't read the thread. Just the first. All I gotta say is:

Cry me a river.

If you don't like it, don't go see it again. I'd expect a 16? 17? Blah, a teenager your age to not find it so, woah offensive!

Edited by IanG

Oh it's there, alright! And close scrutiny is not required at all. There are portions of the Bible that I would not allow any kid to read!

Bact., I understand your concern, and I salute your courage in defending your opinions. We DO have the responsibility to protect those who are defenseless, physically and socially.

My concern is with those who want to protect ME from all the naughty stuff.

A good example is the recent crawfishing by some ABC stations about showing "Saving Private Ryan". ABC affiliates were frightened off by the prospects of FCC fines, and it is well-known that there is nothing more timid than a million dollars. Some stranger, somewhere decided that he/she was morally superior enough to me that they could decide for me what was appropriate for my feeble psyche to be exposed to.

H*ll with that....

If your one of those parents who was affended by a naked starfish in a dang cartoon, watch out when your at the beach, none of those starfish that wash up on shore have clothes!!!! Whats funny to a child is potty jokes, I hear tons of kids sit there tallking about toliet jokes, its either they will get exposed to this and learn or they wont and be unprepared for the future, and its not violence in video games that cause currptness in young minds, its the state of the child that is curropt they only get ideas. I play vilonet video games all the time, you dont see me running around witha gun pretening im playing Doom or GTA.

In my mind, things like that are inappropriate...not so much the naked starfish...that's not the worst.

But for instance when Patrick asks if the mermaid wants to see his underwear...its wrong. You wouldn't want your kid acting like that I hope. Most people don't seem to mind anymore, but what I believe says to mind this stuff. Cartoons used to be clean...a long time ago.

Hey, wanna see my underwear? :bad:

If Spongebob offends you, then go back to letting your kids watch MTV.

Leave Spongebob alone, its the cleanest cartoon on TV and has the largest kid and adult audience of any cartoon in the history of television.

Spongebob was shown in the afternoon, prime time and at 10 and 11 pm because of the huge adult viewership.

65 million+ viewers per week.