Nead Help With Reformating Please Urgent

:mrsgreen: i have just reformated my harddrive with this that was given to me to download to use Go to this linkWEB LINK and download the file called Dlgsetup11_dos.zip at the bottom of the page you will have to highlight WD-Cavier on the left pane and Data lifegaurd tool for dos on the right pane to see it at the bottom. When done open it and follow the directions you will need a spare floppy disk. When done reboot with the disk in the drive and follow the directions to setup a new hdrive, kep in mind this will erase all the stuff on your drive so back up anything you want to keep on disk first.

but now when i put in the windows 98 cd the cd rom is not reading it how do i get the cd rom to work again thanks leonie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if that doesn't work...then boot into BIOS (tap the Delete key when you start the comp) Look for the bot sequence and move the CDROM or ATAPI device to the first position. Put the disc in the drive and reboot...

...sorry...Im too late...

Edited by lavakillu

try each of these till you get in there once in there look for boot order

and change it to cdrom press F10 to save then on the next screen press enter.

when it reboots it should pickup the cdrom and boot from the cd.

press delete to enter bios if that don't work try each of these below.

Acer Aspire:

Enter the BIOS: Press the CTRL + ALT + ESC keys during the Acer

Boot-up screen.

AST:

Enter the BIOS: Press CTRL + ALT + ESC for setup.

Compaq Presario:

Method 1

Enter the BIOS: Press F1 or F10 during the Compaq boot-up screen for

setup.

Method 2

Enter the BIOS: Press F10 during the Compaq boot-up screen for

setup.

Gateway 2000:

Enter the BIOS: Press F1 for setup.

HP Pavilion:

Method 1

Enter the BIOS: Press F1 during the blue HP screen for setup.

Method 2

Enter the BIOS: Press F1 during the HP boot-up screen for setup.

HP Vectra:

Enter the BIOS: Press the F2 during the HP boot-up screen for setup.

IBM Aptiva

Enter the BIOS: Press F1 during the IBM boot-up screen for setup.

IBM ThinkPad

Double-click the "IBM ThinkPad" on the desktop. Select ThinkPad

Features and click on the icon of the printer. Select Advanced and

choose EPP, possibly ECP.

NEC Ready:

Enter the BIOS: Press F2 during the NEC boot-up screen for setup.

Packard Bell:

Method 1

Method 2

Enter the BIOS: Press DEL for setup.

Sony VAIO:

Enter the BIOS: Press F3 during VAIO screen for menu. Press F1 for

setup.

Toshiba Infinia:

When you push the button to turn on the system, start hitting the delete key and/or the F2 key multiple times and the Bios sceen shoul appear before the system tries to boot. From here, look at the menus availabe and the first or second (usually) screen should show the boot options. To look at the screens in the BIOS menu, use the arrow or up/down keys and to view open the menu you want to view, hit the enter key. When you make the changes, hit the F10 key to save and exit. Then hit the esc key enter y (yes) when prompted and the system should restart and rea the 98 CD first.

You'll need a boot disk to install the driver for the cd rom, ( this is a 95' pc) After you download and install on a floppy, pop the boot disk in your floppy drive and start up the pc, you'll see an option to start with cd rom support...choose that option

http://www.bootdisk.com/

You only hit the enter key to open a screen. After you change the boot order, you hit the F10(save and exit) key then the esc key and when promted enter Y to keep your new setting and exit BIOS and restart system.

i did all that but it dose not save ive tryed and it just goes back to how it was.

You only hit the enter key to open a screen. After you change the boot order, you hit the F10(save and exit) key then the esc key and when promted enter Y to keep your new setting and exit BIOS and restart system.

what one do i download ive tryed 2 so far and it loads but then stops when it gets to A:\>

did all that but it dose not save ive tryed and it just goes back to how it was.

what one do i download ive tryed 2 so far and it loads but then stops when it gets to A:\>

You need to be more specific, are ya using a boot disk and loading the driver for the cd rom ???

hi i downloaded a boot disk from a site someone gave me on here about an hour agao but its not working i dont no if ive downloaded the right one. i finally got to change the A: to the C: like this it was A:andC: and i changed it to C:andA: but its still not reading the cd rom as its not loading windows 98. thats when i went into the boot sequence

which boot disk did ya download?

Get the windows ME OEM boot disk, download and set up it just like ya did with the WD dianostic disk and put it on a new floppy.

Go back into your bios and set it to boot off the floppy first...that should be the default setting.

Start the pc with the boot disk in your pc and you should get a black screen with a couple of different options to choose

EDIT: you'll need to load the cd rom drivers from the boot disk cuz that's an old pc

Edited by Joe C

i just put in the boot disk that i downloaded and it came up saying starting windows 95

CD-ROM DEVICE DRIVER FOR IDE FOUR CHANNELS SUPPORTED

© COPYRIGHT OAK TECHNOLOGY INC. 1993-1966

DRIVER VERSION V340

DEVICE NAME BANANA

TRANSFER MODE PROGRAMMED 1/0

DRIVE O: PORT= 1FO (PRIMARY CHANNEL) SLAVE 1RQ=14

FIRMWARE VERSION :U22

MSCDEX VERSION 2.25

COPYRIGHT C MICROSOFT CORP 1986-1995 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

DRIVER R=DRIVER BANANA UNIT O

A:\>

BUT NOTHING ELSE HAS HAPPENED I TRYED TO PUT IN THE WINDOWS 98 CD TO SEE IF THAT WOULD LOAD BUT IT WOULDNT