Change Mode

Good Browser Alternative?

Guest DaRCYZero

Guest DaRCYZero

Im a little fed up with IE, and am not a huge fan of Netscape. Ive tried other browsers, but sometimes they display my pages weird (like Netscape does) can anyone recommend a good browser that displays pages like IE but is more stable? I've tried Mozilla and Opera but they are so much like Netscape, and my only problem is the way it displays pages.. any ideas? thanks.

The trouble is that some websites' designers write up the html code with certain optimizations for either IE or the Netscape-ish browsers like Netscape, Mozilla, and Galeon. So, you're likely to have certain pages display better in the "gecko" browsers (the Netscape-ish ones) than in IE, especially sites that make much use of newer CSS, and others that IE will do better. Personally, I like to use Mozilla for its ability to completely suppress those damn popups and some of the extra advanced options is gives you. But I also use IE, which, if properly configured can be stable and pretty secure, but will still have popups unless you use a 3rd party program to suppress them.

Guest DaRCYZero

I Tried the Slimline browser, now I really like it but my only issue is the Favorites folder. I click on it in the toolbar and nothing happens. But it works when I click on the star, and I tried breaking off the Favorites at 25 under options and still nothing shows up in the toolbar. Any tips?

I wish someone would create a Pokemon browser. Everytime it suppressed a popup it could say "Pikachu". It could also leave some kind of graphical mark on each website you've been to - you could call it a "Pokemon" mark, if you want.