Change Mode

9800 Cooling

no, but you should have it raised up or something. try using a drinking straw, and cutting 4 legs to fit in the screw holes of the fan.. it sounds ghetto, but it does work. i wouldnt transport my computer like that, but it works good for a stationary machine

thats what i might have too do get ramsinks i just dont get it this card plays doom 3 pretty good on veryhigh settings and on 4x anti and it has trouble with nfsu2 it keeps slowing down some places i even tried diff drivers too right now i got that fan on top of the card and it still doesint help :(

no, but you should have it raised up or something. try using a drinking straw, and cutting 4 legs to fit in the screw holes of the fan..  it sounds ghetto, but it does work.  i wouldnt transport my computer like that, but it works good for a stationary machine

Yeah.... That does kinda sound ghetto....

PC parts get hot. That's a fact. I don't know that a fan (with or without straws) just sitting back there will help the cooling that much, since there is nothing back there that is radiating enough heat and/or has the surface area (that is present on a heatsink) to be benefited by increased air flow. Having said that, more air is always a good thing.

-=Vran=-

I used the original fan that came with my cpu heatsink. I didn't make legs for it, I used double sided foam tape. It was the right height, didn't hurt anything, and it won't move during transport. Just an idea for you.

Archived