Change Mode

Real Bad Lag And Slowdowms In Nfsu2

why am i geting real bad lag and slowdowns its ok for alittle bit than it starts geting bad my system should be able too run it pretty good my card is a radeon 9800se modded in too a pro 380 core stock 340mem stock right now i got the settings all the way up does anybuddy got a 9800pro playing nfsu2 and what are the settings you play on? maybe im overloading it :mrgreen:

gord, if you got the eyecandy all the wy up, sounds reasonable. (Would expect some faster but not a massive ammount.) try turning some of the settings down 1 notch and see what happens. Then post back. Also sounds like you've got air blockage somewhere (poor air flow through the case).

Just becouse you mod'ed it to a pro doesnt mean it is a pro... there are some areas that make it a SE yet, the ammout of pipelines and ammount of info it can handle are still the same as the se.

i have the pro and my settings are all the way up in the game, no noticeable difference.

this card does have the things as the pro 380core stock 340mem stock 8piplines

with the mod and doom3 and farcry and every ather game plays smooth i was thinking whould it be my amd duron amd pc2700 333mhzs mem holding it back?

im going too try it with no mod right now

i just tried it with nomod it was even bader thats how i know the mod works with this card good i for got too say this card is even 256bit like the pro too.

Edited by gordesky1

gord, if everthing else is OK then its probably not the card or drivers (unless there is a known problem). the fact that its better with cover off suggests its a heat related issue.