Change Mode

Want To Practice For The Challenge

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow some great scores so far. I'm gonna have to start getting this new machine dialed in. I wanna at least be in the top 10 this time :(

I haven't downloaded PC Mark 04 yet but here is my pit score and 3D Mark01 scores...

Pit Score 2181 - 100 ISP = 2081

3DMark 01 score 23363

so without my PCMark04 score right now I've got 4417 for a score.

Edited by betterdan

Wow some great scores so far. I'm gonna have to start getting this new machine dialed in. I wanna at least be in the top 10 this time :(

I haven't downloaded PC Mark 04 yet but here is my pit score and 3D Mark01 scores...

Pit Score 2181 - 100 ISP = 2081

3DMark 01 score 23363

so without my PCMark04 score right now I've got 4417 for a score.

Did I miss something or were those the wrong drivers? 6702?? :huh:

Folks, I was not posting for the challenge, just wanted to show those that have NF3 boards that you can run 4 drives, just have to use port 3 & 4 and one IDE channel.

I finally had time last night to try different setting to see if I can get things to run at that speed. :)

X_C

This is how I configured it Adam:

2 SATA Maxtors on Channel 3 & 4

2 ATA133 Maxtors on Secondary IDE Channel, both set to cable select

In BIOS I enabled only the secondary Master and the Slave along with the third and fourth SATA ports.

And now that I think about it, I could have used the cable going to the DVDRW as long as I don't enable the channel the DVDRW is on. That should actually be faster.

X_C

Edited by X_C

so you mean if i use my 2 sata maxtors 80gigs, and the 4 ide maxtor ata 133 80gigs i have in the closet..  i could run 6 drives in raid?  :huh:

Yup, but what will you use for a CDRW or DVDRW

And by the way, 6 drives in RAID would be darn fast!

Edited by X_C

And now that I think about it, I could have used the cable going to the DVDRW as long as I don't enable the channel the DVDRW is on. That should actually be faster.

That was my thought too... but it has some issues. It still tries to read the DVD-RW as being on the same ide and thus completely confuses it. :( Only way to get the fastest is set it up the way you have, install windows and then move the hard drive to being the ONLY thing on the primary. I had to install an add-on PCI card to be able to run everything correctly.

Folks, I was not posting for the challenge, just wanted to show those that have NF3 boards that you can run 4 drives, just have to use port 3 & 4 and one IDE channel.

I finally had time last night to try different setting to see if I can get things to run at that speed. :)

X_C

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=JTTG9W7JY8RSP617

http://maniak.home.insightbb.com/pitstop_pics/current.jpg

Keep going if you're gonna use dividers... :D

the more drives the faster but... it's less stable too, the last challenge I used 5 and had trouble at times. Now Im set up just like XC :mrgreen:

I was just on Sata ports 1 & 2 instead of 3 & 4 :mrgreen:

Looks good Maniak, I'll try to catch up a little later today :rolleyes::P

Ya know... that was the first time I tried those settings and it rocked... so that's gonna be my default now. :)

However, here's some more if you really wanna catch up. :P The second one was from a month or so ago...

http://maniak.home.insightbb.com/pitstop_pics/400.jpg

http://maniak.home.insightbb.com/pitstop_pics/420.jpg