Change Mode

Top Dawg Challenge

please remember to keep it simple (for the noobs)

63mb AM download is ok

any more might cause some problems for dial ups

I believe 3d03 is 176mb download :mrsgreen:

I love the test, but the download is gonna kill some people :mrsgreen:

Running the Pit test and AM would be fine with me, dividing AM scores by 1/3 works too and since AM favors ATI, we can use the pitscores in their current state to even things out a little.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me. I'll go with whatever works. :)

The nvidia pitscore plays an important role in scoring systems with differential n force 3 chipsets. On this page, we will define such a video card as an object and show its most important properties. The natural way of defining the exponential of a video card is to go back to the exponential function oc and find a definition which is easy to extend to clock speeds. Indeed, we know that the ATI polynomials converge pointwise to x and uniformly whenever x is bounded. These video graphic polynomials may help us in defining the ponential of a video card. Indeed, consider a 2D matrix where the pit video test is defined as the sequence of matrices n and p.

When n gets large, this sequence of video matrices get closer and closer to a certain matrix. This is not easy to show; it relies on the conclusion on x above. We write this limit matrix as eA. This notation is natural due to the properties of the pit test. Thus we have the formula. XTX = (a2 + b2 + c2)/(X+Y)T = XT + YT*(XT)T = X-0.4 (0.6 I + 0.3 S) + 0.7(0.4 I + 0.7 S)

ahhh umm nevermind, better keep it simple for noobs. :P

Sounds good to me. I'll go with whatever works. :)

The nvidia pitscore plays an important role in scoring systems with differential n force 3 chipsets. On this page, we will define such a video card as an object and show its most important properties. The natural way of defining the exponential of a video card is to go back to the exponential function oc and find a definition which is easy to extend to clock speeds. Indeed, we know that the ATI polynomials converge pointwise to x and uniformly whenever x is bounded. These video graphic polynomials may help us in defining the ponential of a video card. Indeed, consider a 2D matrix where the pit video test is defined as the sequence of matrices n and p.

When n gets large, this sequence of video matrices get closer and closer to a certain matrix. This is not easy to show; it relies on the conclusion on x above. We write this limit matrix as eA. This notation is natural due to the properties of the pit test. Thus we have the formula. XTX = (a2 + b2 + c2)/(X+Y)T = XT + YT*(XT)T = X-0.4 (0.6 I + 0.3 S) + 0.7(0.4 I + 0.7 S)

ahhh umm nevermind, better keep it simple for noobs. :P

Mr Spock... I presume :lol:

Like I said One2gamble... the download is a killer for dial ups.

Maybe on the next challenge after this one we can do that...

I told Rob that this next challenge we would keep it simple...

anyone who has a PC can run the pittest and there will be a default minimum score for AM3... Say 50,000. That score should wipe out most of the Video cards less than a 98pro and a GF6600, so testing and posting a score wont be an Issue like the last challenge... man, I had complaints (PM's) up the waazoo because people couldnt test or post or it was too complicated or their dog pee'ed on the sofa.

Ok... no dog Pee pee :lol:

but you get what Im saying ;)

This next challenge should be VERY easy... even for a NOOB

There will be alot more entries in this one since the christmas holidays are over.

Im gonna try to get BFG onboard again... Our start date isnt set, but I'd like to start by March 1st to give our sponsors a chance to promote it... and run it 6 weeks instead of 4... I would also like to do another Team Challenge too, sometime...

anybody got some connections to Radeon or ATI???

it would be nice to get some sponsorship from them as well ;)

one more thing... the I/O thing... I suggest we cap the I/O at 250

Now, before you get upset let me explain

I can tell you from experience that any amount of HDD's past 3 causes some Issues with the OS... the more HDD's I added the worse it got.

when I used 5 I had troubles getting to some websites almost all the time and system hangs every once in awhile.

When I used 4 I had Occasional website troubles and a hang in some Benches and playing halflife2.

I really dont want Members to start installing all kinds of HDD's just for the points...

(i've been guilty of that in the past)

JMHO...

If y'all dont want to cap that, I'll understand ;)

I had complaints (PM's) up the waazoo because people couldnt test or post or it was too complicated or their dog pee'ed on the sofa.

Ok... no dog Pee pee :lol:

but you get what Im saying ;)

I haven't tried that yet? Does it help the video score or the I/O? :roller:

I'll go with whatever Raymo decides.

Live long and prosper. V