Change Mode

Top Dawg Challenge

LOL, best line ever

as for the next test 3dmark03 or 05, 01 is just ancient now and if you cant run one of the others you need to upgrade ;)

03 would be best for now, since you need a mid-range card or better to run 05 (5600U or better, 9600 Pro or better, and both would be coughing during the whole benchmark at less than 1 fps average).

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok... I'm sure some of you are already chomping at the bit, so when's the next challenge???

Well... I dont have an answer for you just yet. We (Rob & I) are working towards the next challenge as far as timing and Sponsorship...

I would like to use the same Pittest in the same format as the last challenge and maybe use Chrystalmark, less the OGL & GDI Scores of coarse since they can be cheated... we wont discuss openly, how... ok? I would have liked to use the the 03 or 05 tests, but remember... this next challenge has to be an easy one, so mostly everyone who has a PC can enter. We may just use the pittest for this one... I dont know yet... we could open up the Video res but that would create another can of worms as that can be cheated too, even with a cap...

we could offer minimum Video scores since some are gonna score over 1000 probbly with max res and a New Video card... so , what Im asking is for some help testing max resolution and getting a grip on the scoring in case we need a cap...

So, feel free to drop your Best LEGAL Pit Test Video scores...

any help or suggestions are welcome of coarse... ;)

I would have liked to use the the 03 or 05 tests, but remember... this next challenge has to be an easy one, so mostly everyone who has a PC can enter.

why? It is my contention that if you cannot at least run 03 then the pit test should be basically telling you its time to upgrade your hardware. I dont advocate 05 because my 9800xt can barely run that test.

We may just use the pittest for this one... I dont know yet... we could open up the Video res but that would create another can of worms as that can be cheated too, even with a cap...

we could offer minimum Video scores since some are gonna score over 1000 probbly with max res and a New Video card... so , what Im asking is for some help testing max resolution and getting a grip on the scoring in case we need a cap...

In my opinion the pit favors different set ups more than one another too much, this is why we added the other tests in the first place....

I would rather keep it similar to what we had before and maybe use a different 3d test.

I think the video points for the pit should be removed from the next challenge.  :beer:

i 2nd that ronnie, + am3 its a fast 3d test & wont stress the g/card for too long,& with the 66.93 drivers for nvidia cards to stop the null tweak/cheat, + both test arn,t complicated to post results for fist timers, just my thoughts

links

total stock 1280x1024 @ 16bit http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=67FN9W13GWRSTXK7

o/c 1024x768 @32bit http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=FASSMW13GWRSJBK7

raymo, if you do use the pit video perhaps there could be some compensation for the via/nvidia/amd64 combo they score bad at 32bit (worse then ati cards) 16 bit is fine , i lost 200 pts in each stock & o/c

the dividers in the (calc) did there job, but at the same time did not show the real performance of top systems ??? 50/50 on that one

just my thoughts, what ever you decied it,ll be fun & ill go with it

Edited by dunce

Because it's bias towards NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controllers.

I haven't seen anyone, with other Raid controlers, even get close to the points the Nvidia generates.

I may be wrong, but that is what I have noticed.