Super P I Scores Start Here...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Vista doesn't use a ton of CPU, you should be fine. To give you an idea of your score, I got a 32 second score running a Pentium 4. You should score much better than that, something is holding it back. Do you have a lot of running processes in the background?

Vista doesn't use a ton of CPU, you should be fine. To give you an idea of your score, I got a 32 second score running a Pentium 4. You should score much better than that, something is holding it back. Do you have a lot of running processes in the background?

Im getting 36-39 seconds overclocked on my X2

maybe your P4 was on steroids

Im getting 36-39 seconds overclocked on my X2

maybe your P4 was on steroids

Hmm, well it wasn't on steroids. But it was getting close to 4ghz. I don't know, maybe AMDs aren't good at SuperPi.

I just installed Vista last week, still working on how to shut things down at start up.

I do have 51 processes working in the back ground.

I have everything set so that it isn't so graphic heavy.

Just going to have to learn how to tweak it.

I just installed Vista last week, still working on how to shut things down at start up.

I do have 51 processes working in the back ground.

I have everything set so that it isn't so graphic heavy.

Just going to have to learn how to tweak it.

Start you a thread about it down in the regular O/C forum......;) We'll see how we can help you....

:geezer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Posted Image

10.744 seconds...don't know if Linux boxes can play in this forum (we have something called HardInfo that does the same thing as CPU-Z) but if it makes anyone feel any better I had a full desktop going complete with Compiz-Fusion and was web-browsing on my other monitor which I cropped out of the pic to save bandwidth. The other terminal window is my POV-ray score, the window in the background is HardInfo, and the bar on the far left is GKrellm (system monitor, like a cross between Speedfan and CPU-Z); like I said it's not technically CPU-Z (apologies to the mods) but if it wasn't legit I wouldn't have bothered posting in the first place.

Edited by zeno0771
  • 4 weeks later...