Change Mode

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

paul77 .... I am sooooo glad that you do not live next door to me .....!

Do your neighbours clean their wheely bins ....? ...Are their door steps scrubed ....?

Sarcastic questions do nothing to further the conversation - feel free to disagree with me but don't insult me

I think Bruce is saying it isn't wise to put a 15 year old into a position of power on a forum with 20,000 members. My years dealing with children, tells me that they will make rash, spur of the moment decisions wothout considering the results and conseqeunces of their actions.

They do not always consider others when they make those decisions because they are limited in understanding the way people react. They are limited because they simply do not have the experience that comes with age.

I think his actions today proves my point rather well.

I can't say that I have ever seen a moderator just jump into a forum and close 14 threads on a whim before.

To be honest I hope I never see it again.

Edited by Bruce

P77

Sarcastic questions do nothing to further the conversation - feel free to disagree with me but don't insult me

I was taking the mick ....but never mind ......... think I'll just stick to taking tha mick out of Sir T 'cause he is one !..... but its so easy, its boring .........!

I think Bruce is saying it isn't wise to put a 15 year old into a position of power on a forum with 20,000 members. My years dealing with children, tells me that they will make rash, spur of the moment decisions wothout considering the results and conseqeunces of their actions.

They do not always consider others when they make those decisions because they are limited in understanding the way people react. They are limited because they simply do not have the experience that comes with age.

I think his actions today proves my point rather well.

I can't say that I have ever seen a moderator just jump into a forum and close 14 threads on a whim before.

To be honest I hope I never see it again.

I, personally, didn't disagree with your angst Bruce....but did have to question your methods.....What you have just said, so well, should have been done by pm, in my opinion :)

Wow hot thread, turn my back five minutes and everyone is dissing Marmite. :rolleyes:

Hans is new to the job so how bout cutting him some slack? I'm sure someone will be having "words" with him. ;) jv

Crikey! What a thread ;) Someone displays a bit of poor judgement and the whole place is almost brought down :(

As Jazzy says "cut the guy some slack" at worst, he may have hurt your feelings by closing a thread - but he didn't nuke the world for God's sake. If he has made a bad judgement call, then I'm sure by the responses he has had from folks, that he will at least be smarting with embarrassment and more than likely cringing as well. How many of you guys didn't make a bad judgement call at the age of 15?

Personally, I feel some of the responses were way over the top, they personalised the situation and in most respects, only allowed folks to vent bad feelings. Bruce's comments were up front - as always - but others - well let's just say some were acting like they missed their turn on the swing :P

So what the guy is only 15? You have a problem with that - pm the owner and see where that gets you. :woot:

C'mon folks, we only get life experience and real understanding through learning from our mistakes. ;)

Wow hot thread, turn my back five minutes and everyone is dissing Marmite. :rolleyes:

Hans is new to the job so how bout cutting him some slack? I'm sure someone will be having "words" with him. ;) jv

We were just wondering what you were doing with that Marmite :shifty::lol:

Maybe it's best we don't know :woot::P

Well first off my good man [email protected] made a big boo boo in closing all those threads.

I made him a mod to help Jacee out in the HJT forum because he's very adept at reading those damn logs,,I thought I had made it clear that he wasn't to venture out too far on the other forums untill he had learned the ropes around here,,and that takes some time no matter your age.

I will be chewing some ears on this in private but lets not get all bent outa shape over 1 or 14 correctable errors by a young moderator :mrgreen: he did goof bigtime but we all do from time to time,,he just got all his yearly allotment of errors in one day is all,,, trust me it won't happen again and I'm very sorry for the interuption to your election threads.

Thanks for trying to understand!!! :) vj

Volt, you're so great! :wub:

:lol:

Sounds like a mistake was made, but I think there is a principal that should be ironed out. Duplicate threads should, imo, be closed. It does happen from time to time. We don't need 14 simultaneous threads about the same subject - it only takes up space and serves to confuse. However, sometimes more than one thread about the same subject but discussing separate aspects are legitimate (check out the 'official' election thread. This turned into a 'let's hit Z10N with a big stick' thread, so a different thread to discuss the election was needed), also, if there was only one big thread, who wants to wade through 20+ pages to read it all and have their post swallowed up and passed over?

There just needs to be some middle ground - close the obvious duplicated ones that serve no purpose other than to dilute and fracture the discussion, keep open the legitimate ones.

I don't think he should have closed all those threads, but I don't think he exactly understood that almost all of them were different. Sure, they were all based on the election, but not all on the results. There were different issues discussed also, and I don't think he quite caught that.