• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kansas Connection your link is bad. Oh and Wolfeden extreamly nice setup, I dont think that ive seen a computer with such a high score. Great comp, but why are you running windows 2000 instead of XP?

Hey Kansas Connection your link is bad. Oh and Wolfeden extreamly nice setup, I dont think that ive seen a computer with such a high score. Great comp, but why are you running windows 2000 instead of XP?

Well CRX it is kinda like this. After windows 3.1 win95 win98 win98se I knew I had to upgrade this new system I have in order to get it to work. You know, install Drive controllers. I have worked with windows xp off and on for several years, and I really did not like the fact that it kept me from making tweaks and changing things the way that I wanted. I found a copy of windows 2000 pro sp4 on sale for $129.00, and I bought it. I guess when you get my age, you tend to stay with the (old fashioned) look of windows. I did like that 2000 looked and functioned a lot like 98se. I have a beta copy of xp 64 bit, and I got it to work pretty good. When the full blown version comes out , I will own a copy and set-up a dual boot on this system. You know Microsoft hurry up and waite program???? :lol: Hope it works a little better then some of thier other attempts!!! Ha Ha

hey ronniecoleman i also have a amd64 3000+ how do i go about overclocking my pc to 2.3ghz and what will it raise my cpu temp to, currently its at 86 degrees fahrenheit

Your temps sound fine- first thing I would do is bump up your vcore mine cpu is happy at 1.55, depending on the chip it may need more. Next make sure your memory can handle that fsb. if your memory can run 1:1 at 230 go for it, if not drop your memory and raise the vdimm.

post a test when you hit a bump.