Sign in to follow this  
Keith W

New Osama Bin Laden Tape

Hmm......it's ok for the USA and it's cronies (Crony Blair :P ) to play the role of World Cop, but OBL can't try to police his own neighbourhood :huh: Seems he was ok to play sherrif when the Russkis were wearing the black hat :rolleyes:

I refer to both, and I am no war monger, nor a radical.

Now, now, what have you been told about self-prognosis :P

Do you really believe that there are so many war mongers and radicals?

The Nazis managed to fool a lot of people in the 40's and so their numbers soared.....why couldn't it happen today? Yes is my answer. A very large number of them....most scary.

I have to go.

I want to say that I understand why people want to listen to Bin Laden. I just can't abide by it for the reasons I have outlined.

If we can gain some insight from what he says that may lead to a solution then I would be very happy, as it is I would find that very hard to believe. At the moment, the escalation to violence and the determination and policy of the United States to not negotiate with him or bend to his will prevents any other outcome than destroying him or his forces or being destroyed in the process.

That isn't how I would like it to be, but I don't see any other outcome. That could change, but I don't see it happening.

If he represented some sovereignty there might be a chance for a peaceful end, but he does not.

Sadly, it is simply human nature and the nature of society. I would love to see that change.

If his complaints are not investigated, if his words are not evaluated, the people too lazy or too ignorant will persist in accepting Osama at his word. That results in people defending/reinforcing the incumbent's incompetence. That serves Osama's goals. Why would we one want to further his goals by ignoring him?

As for Osama's terrorism. Lets remember it was learned under the tutelage of experts. The US taught hem everything he knows when he was fighting against the USSR. I have no problem with that but lets not act as though Osama appeared out of nowhere. This is a US trained person. We used him when it met our needs. We fostered terorism when it met our needs.

Posted Image Chop

How many lies has OBL told to us? Can anyone show me a reason not to believe him? We may not like what he says, but that don't make him a liar.

Edited by Sir T Fireball

Now, now, what have you been told about self-prognosis :P

The Nazis managed to fool a lot of people in the 40's and so their numbers soared.....why couldn't it happen today? Yes is my answer. A very large number of them....most scary.

I understand that is what you are trying to say is happening, but I don't believe that is the case. We have not been swept up in the madness of a violent and demented dictator.

I know you would like to say we are in such a situation and probably will, but I simply don't believe that. In fact I believe it is very unlikely it could happen in the United States, though it is possible anywhere.

People like to point to the Patriot Act. I predict it will not be long lived anyway. It will be here to serve its purpose for a few years then go away. The people of the US are armed and prepared to fight if pushed too far, we have that right. I highly doubt it will go that far.

Posted Image Chop

How many lies has OBL told to us? Can anyone show me a reason not to believe him? We may not like what he says, but that don't make him a liar.

I really have to go but....

I didn't say he lied did I?

Well, did I?

If his complaints are not investigated, if his words are not evaluated, the people too lazy or too ignorant will persist in accepting Osama at his word. That results in people defending/reinforcing the incumbent's incompetence. That serves Osama's goals. Why would we one want to further his goals by ignoring him?

As for Osama's terrorism. Lets remember it was learned under the tutelage of experts. The US taught hem everything he knows when he was fighting against the USSR. I have no problem with that but lets not act as though Osama appeared out of nowhere. This is a US trained person. We used him when it met our needs. We fostered terorism when it met our needs.

As far as the nature of the tactics he learned and how he learned them, I don't deny that it comes IN PART from the US.

So what?

We don't further his goals by ignoring him.

I don't deny that his words might need analysis, but that is for the experts in dark rooms with access to high level intelligence and such. As far as the general public listening.....it serves no purpose but his own. Even if there are points on which he is right he is made wrong by his actions.

We are not defined by the problems that we have but by how we deal with them. I apply that to Nations, businesses, and individuals. He has defined himself.

He is no Ghandi.

People in dark rooms can analyze his words as much as they like to figure out where he will strike and when he will strike etc. I will not cede my vote to some analyst in a dark room and I hope my fellow citizens won't either. We are a representative democracy not a theocracy or a kingdom where we defer judgment to the purported wisdom of our leader. We vote to persuade our leader to change course or if necessary to find someone that is on a course more consistent with the will of the electorate.

As for who taught him to be a terrorist and the relevance. The relevance, I thought I made clear. It is hypocritical to disdainfully call Osama a terrorist when he is no longer doing our bidding but to ignore that he was a terrorist when he was helping the US and our interests. I don't dispute that he is a terrorist but terrorism that we fostered and encouraged when it suited our purpose.

We do further his goals by not recognizing that he is trying to influence the election by encouraging people to vote for Bush. While I don't think that is reason to vote against Bush it is certainly something that should be weighed in making this decision.

We are a representative democracy not a theocracy

I suggest that you have a power of voters that don't know the difference.

Guest Hurdy

Started watching it.

So scary I changed channels.

I missed whatever it was .......

Beeb reckons that Bin's done Bush a political favour ...perhaps they need each other ....