Sign in to follow this  
Salo35

A Great Double Standard, Once Again!

with ties to terrorism, with great potential wealth, will not be permitted to dominate a vital region and threaten the United States

Well, let's start here. Terrorism, wealth, regional domination, US interests.

The first point is just cynical propaganda decked out in fancy clothes. In fact, there is no reasonable basis to believe that Saddam would have harboured or even tolerated what amounts to a potent rival in the region.

Stripped of the hysteria surrounding point one, points two, three and four pretty much explain themselves.

I

Well, let's start here. Terrorism, wealth, regional domination, US interests.

The first point is just cynical propaganda decked out in fancy clothes. In fact, there is no reasonable basis to believe that Saddam would have harboured or even tolerated what amounts to a potent rival in the region.

Stripped of the hysteria surrounding point one, points two, three and four pretty much explain themselves.

I

Thank you for your analysis of one phrase within thousands of pages. You have a keen eye for the insignificant.

At least you seem to have read a few words. The others are still posting editorials from the press to support their arguments. It's a shame that they can see that as their best support.

As far as the articles regarding the missing explosives, they are still conflicting and we do not have the facts about what happened yet.

I will offer this:

Even if the explosives went missing after the US go thter you cannot define the whole of the war by that failure. Claiming it is representative of the performance of the troops or the plan is not realistic.

In addition, has anybody thought ouside the box enough to consider all the stories might be true? Some of the explosives could have gone one way while others went another and in fact there could be three or four ways>

No, I guess not. People would rather latch onto a news story that supports their own a prioi views than consider such things.

Am I the only one with an open mind? I don't completely dismiss any of the possibilities yet, but it seems many do and often based on a newspaper article with anonymous sources yet.

Edited by Chopdoc

Thank you for your analysis of one phrase within thousands of pages. You have a keen eye for the insignificant.

At least you seem to have read a few words.

doc,

If you want a real conversation you've got to get out of the habit of demeaning your interlocutors. Also, a bit of brevity wouldn't hurt your cause. You can't expect everyone to answer every single point you make in one post.

I

I posted substantial documentation for my claims as I knew I had it and was questioned on it. The claim was made that the position was being made up and modified as time passed and that simply is not true. I have substantiated that.

The fact that I went to the trouble to do that and then the only comment that comes from it is one regarding a brief phrase pulled from thousands of pages that support what I have been putting forth on these pages is irritating to say the least so i would say my terse response is warranted. In fact judging from the comment I responded to I would say my response was not only warranted but accurate.

If you are truly aware of the information in those documents yet pulled out only that particular phrase then the statement "keen eye for the insignificant" applies.

This is important, it divides the world, my nation, and even this forum. If it is so important and people get so passionate about what is true and what is not then why are they not interested in what is true when it is presented?

There is obviously no need to respond to all of the points in the thousands of pages I posted. Simply consider the sum total of it.

It is hard to believe the media has distorted such recent events so much but they have, and many people are buying it.

If you knew that, would you not speak loudly?

Consider this, If I were interested in distorting the truth I could have edited out the little phrase you focus on.

As it stands it is insignificant and does not threaten the full body of the works presented, I am unconcerned about it.

Suit yourself but I've gotta tell you as the most patient person I know, even I get antsy scrolling through your long tirades let alone your unedited documentation.

I

Edited by Iain

Suit yourself but I've gotta tell you as the most patient person I know, even I get antsy scrolling through your long tirades let alone your unedited documentation.

I

Yes, I understand.

Being an extremely patient person myself I can appreciate what it is like when that patience is stretched.

I offer my gratitude for your patience and indulgence.

Yes, the story appears in several places. There has been some reporting of analysis of the video and what is in it but it is still up in the air.

I think they will be getting to the bottom of this more quickly than I originally thought.

We shall see....

Here's what I don't understand if the Russians came and took it. How come they could find these potentially WMD producing explosives, yet it took the US until this year to find them? And don't say because you guys weren't searching Iraq before the war, because we all know that is BS. You have had intelligence reporting on Iraq for a long time now.

So the Ruskies march in, go directly to the explosives; pack them up and leave? Then the US comes and attacks Iraq? Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Here's what I don't understand if the Russians came and took it. How come they could find these potentially WMD producing explosives, yet it took the US until this year to find them? And don't say because you guys weren't searching Iraq before the war, because we all know that is BS. You have had intelligence reporting on Iraq for a long time now.

So the Ruskies march in, go directly to the explosives; pack them up and leave? Then the US comes and attacks Iraq? Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Obviously if that is what happened then the Russians were involved in the reason they were there, that's how they would know.

And if that is the case they won't be admitting to it.

Sounds fishy?

I think it all sounds fishy for sure. Good thing we went in.

As I understand it it is the Republicans that are saying the troops failed to secure the explosives.

yep, it's a ploy by the republicans to make Kerry open his mouth and look bad..... :lol:

As I understand it it is the Republicans that are saying the troops failed to secure the explosives.

it is a smart strategy also, the majority of people really do not care "who dun it" they will tend to favor the person who they feel more secure with. Bush has mentioned national security everyday in every speech he has made as president and even if he does not do anything for national security the people seem to think that he is a safe and secure leader and they automatically flock to the guy they know most about.

Being an extremely patient person myself I can appreciate what it is like when that patience is stretched.

Cheers bro,

We may be enemies at the polling booth but that's no reason to deprive ourselves of each other's good work building a better democracy.

I

Cheers bro,

We may be enemies at the polling booth but that's no reason to deprive ourselves of each other's good work building a better democracy.

I

Voting for a different candidate does not make us enemies. Haveing completely different beliefs does not make us enemies. It is what we do about these things that might make us enemies.

In no regard are you my enemy.

The fact that you stand and speak for what you hold true and make a valuable contribution to society makes you my ally regardless of how heated a discussion might get.

Edited by Chopdoc

They bought the job lot of KTel WMD Detectors a few years ago when the NATO was having it's annual yard sale