Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Countrydave55

Patterns Of Behavior

all speculation aside, isn't there supposed to be someone who reports this type of "incident" or has responsibility for it? for cryin' out loud, this is getting to be more than a 'sad situation' (though i agree with ya one2) but this is scarey....frankly, i don't give a wit if there's a motive behind this or not.

the fact is that folks knew about this STUFF n' it's gone....now what?

It is a failure no doubt, but I do not believe it is symtomatic of the larger picture. That is what people are making of it and I am not buying it.

Overall the action has been a resounding success. Failures within that success should be identified for what they are.

Is it scary? Not really. The potential for what could be done with the explosives is disturbing no doubt, but the incident does not make me question the overall integrity of the actions over there.

This is just another attempt to manipulate the election next week.

:mrgreen:

If the US knew about these, they would have been destroyed on the spot.

:rofl3:

Anyone that believes that GWB knew about these and did not even secure them needs some serious help.

:help: :lol:

"I thought it takes a 2/3 majority to appoint a judge to the supreme court so how can they do what they want with only a very slight majority." Unless you know something I don't this hasn't been an issue for this president. There have been no supreme court vacancies. The Bush people were talking about lower court vacancies. The supreme court is defined by the constitution and not legislation. candidates are nominated by the Preident and approved by the Senate under the advise and consent clause of the constitution. A simple majority is required by rule.

"Actually, since every administration blames the previous it goes back to the Continental Congress." I doubt that this is true but more importantly this is the first election I can remember where the administration blames a previous administration for actions they have taken or failed to take. I agree that t is always popular to blame the other guy but When George isn't walking on water he forgets what he says and does and blames it on someone else.

this is the first election I can remember where the administration blames a previous administration for actions they have taken or failed to take

Really?

Very common practice in my experience. In fact, I keenly await the opportunity of listening to Kerry blame George in a couple of months time :P

I would say that is much more realistic about the way things are T.

I am certain that if Kerry is elected any failures he encounters will be blamed on the residual effect of the previous administration.

That fact is, like it or not, this is generally correct anyway. The results of the actions of an administration are most often not immediate.

But just for balance, we can assume that they also take credit for the successes that were put in motion by the previous administration....and they do.

The interesting thing is that a second term president cannot lean as much on that....so if Bush stays in office, it will be interesting to hear his assesment on the previous administration...his own.