Sign in to follow this  
Countrydave55

75% Of Al Quida Killed Or Captured

Not in the past four years it hasn't been.

For four years now we have had a president that claims he can't think of one mistake. Not one, not a single one. Yet he is quick to point fingers at the people and say they don't understand.

BTW I was not the one who made the cooment that the people are to blame when things go wrong, and the government should recieve the credit when something goes right.

Stick to your doctrine, you said it, either you beleive your own words, or they were one of those unspeakable mistakes. :rofl3:

Umm, no I didn't say that, time to get those eyes checked again, I stated it was a commen trend in today's public where people like to blame the government for wrong, but applaud the populace for good.

Exactly, if a "bad" decision is made, the President take the heat when in fact there are hundreds of people working under him who are advising him one way or the other, the truth is the ENTIRE world thought Saddam had WMD's, all of NATO intelligence suggested this, to not act as Bush did would be negligence, but now liberals like to pertend that they "knew" all along, what a load of crap.

Apparently not everybody thought they had WMD; the UN didn't think so, a large protion of the American public didn't think so and the majority of civilized countries didn't think so. It seems like besides the coallition not mnay people thought they had WMD.

BTW I thought he had WMD although I never supported the war in Iraq :)

And you said cooment and hypocracy, how you kile them apples?

He wasn't the person flaming another member on their spelling :)

I like em just fine. I make mistakes in grammer and spelling just like all people do. I just don't go around picking on folks for silly things like mispelled words, that is unless in their "hypocracy" they do it to others in a condecending mean spirited way.

I did it simply to point out that oh dear even you can make a mistake.

BTW ZION how do you "kile" those apples :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BTW it's Z.1.0.N. not ZION oh holy master of nitpick.

At least I have the excuse that English isn't my first language.

Night kids, give yourselves a pat on the back for thinking "mainstream," it's always good to see Americans who feel strongly about something talking about it on the internet instead of taking some action to bring about change.

I like em just fine. I make mistakes in grammer and spelling just like all people do. I just don't go around picking on folks for silly things like mispelled words, that is unless in their "hypocracy" they do it to others in a condecending mean spirited way.

I did it simply to point out that oh dear even you can make a mistake.

Never said I couldn't, but there you go again putting words in other peoples mouthes.

Ciao ciao ragazzi.

don't see the link between what? 9/11 and terrorism?

nooooo, link to the article discussing the possibility of an attack before the election....

i'm not sure what all has been posted since our last exchange tho we both agreed we didn't know of a solution....perhaps we should have added "viable" to that phrase as there are solutions. it's just that they won't work

what came to mind was Desiderata . i've a long skinny poster on the side of a cupboard/cabinety thing with Desiderata on it that i can see when sittin' in my fav chair. as naive as it is....if everyone followed the sentiment of the poem, we might have a chance....

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,

they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;

it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs;

for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals;

and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.

Especially, do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love;

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment

it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,

be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be,

and whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.

I got a solution!!!!!

Lets all just screw each other until we're the same colour, forget religion and then there would be nothing to hate. We'd all be happy then. :)

No reason to oppose us???

Their religious beliefs clearly state that the west must be eliminated.

Are you sure? Could you give me a quote from their religious writings that the west must be eliminated? Specifically "the west" and specifically "eliminated"

Or are you referring to less mainstream literature (extrtemist literature that confuses religion with political propaganda)

If the Qu'ran states that "the west" must be "eliminated" I am stunned....

that is a non issue in the US because our presidential elections are not based on the popular vote of individuals, they are based on the popular vote of the states.

I also would like to point out that Bill Clinton did not garner more than 50% of the vote in either of his elections. (the only reason I went back to bill is because its the most recent election so dont go "oh there they go again bringing up Clinton ;) )

William Clinton Albert Gore Jr. Democratic 47,400,125 49.23%

William Clinton Albert Gore Jr. Democratic 44,909,806 43.01%

I only point this out in order to display that garnering less than 50% of the the "popular" vote often leads to a win. It is slightly different in the Gore v Bush election because Gore actually got more votes than Bush but this shows that the president doesnt always have the complete support of over fifty percent of the population.

So what you're saying is that the US is NOT a democracy? Interesting....

The somewhat sad fact is that the President doesn't represent the country..., Nevertheless, people should stand behind their President as he DOES represent the country,

Make your mind up, Zion.

Seriously though (and off topic) how does this reflect on the US - we are constantly told (usually by the incumbent president) that the US is a democracy and yet it clearly isn't by the popular vote not reflecting the winner.

Same holds true for every country I can think of, so why do the people let their leaders bandy the word "democracy" around so much?

well, in the strictest sense, no- - it isn't but that's for another thread....

as a follow up to cpu's statement re not wanting another 9/11....i just read that 350 tons of materials that can be used to blow up buildings n' whathaveyou is missing from it's 'stronghold' in Iraq. as in stolen, whereabouts unknown, despite repeated warnings n' such about the need to secure that area....

more than scary to contemplate the consequences of the theft....

There have been hot-beds of terrorism before and the issues have been somewhat resolved with fairly amicable results. So why is the Middle East so different? America was thought of in a similar light back in the 1700's. They got their way and the problem ceased. Pre-apartheid South Africa is another example that shows these things can be resolved. Don't give up on the Mid East just yet.

It never has been a democracy at the federal level, its a republic

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America

and to the Republic for which it stands

Edited by one2gamble

There have been hot-beds of terrorism before and the issues have been somewhat resolved with fairly amicable results. So why is the Middle East so different? America was thought of in a similar light back in the 1700's. They got their way and the problem ceased. Pre-apartheid South Africa is another example that shows these things can be resolved. Don't give up on the Mid East just yet.

Wow...the problem ceased? We must be reading different history books...... :rolleyes:

These thing can be resolved, yes. Somtimes by negotiation, sometimes by force. The former is preferable.

It never has been a democracy at the federal level, its a republic

I don't know that the Pledge is solid ground to stand on but you are at least 1/2 right. We are in fact a Democratic Republic, not a pure democracy.

I wasnt standing by the pledge, only giving some factual basis not found in a dictionary that some people fail to realize when they resite the pledge.

We are actually all things at different levels of government. We have appointed officials, officials elected from a popular vote, laws passed through a popular vote, presidential orders (see a decree), vetos and activist judges.

The point was only that the US has never been a direct democracy at the presidential level.

Edited by one2gamble

I wasnt standing by the pledge, only giving some factual basis not found in a dictionary that some people fail to realize when they resite the pledge.

We are actually all things at different levels of government. We have appointed officials, officials elected from a popular vote, laws passed through a popular vote, presidential orders (see a decree), vetos and activist judges.

The point was only that the US has never been a direct democracy at the presidential level.

Yes, I get the point.